Pavel Mitkov was born in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1977. He took up painting in 1994 while still at high school. Later, he earned a degree in Landscape Design. Mitkov quickly made progress in the world of art. For just a few years he became one of Bulgaria’s best selling painters and in 2007, a Deutsche Welle documentary even pitched him as one of Europe’s most successful artists whose art has a universal appeal.
Mitkov’s paintings have been presented as gifts to Pope John Paul II, King Albert II of Belgium, Pope Benedict XVI, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, Russian Patriarch Kirill and other dignitaries from all over the world. With numerous international exhibitions in Europe, the USA and Russia, Mitkov’s artworks have become a benchmark for success. Mitkov has been awarded a number of prizes including:
- Laureate of the Medal of Franz Kafka
- World Prize of Salvador Dali for Fine Arts by the Salvador Dalí International Alliance
- Order of Lomonosov
- Prize for Fine Arts of Masarykova Academy, Prague
- Gold Medal, France 29th January 2009
- Diploma of participation at the International Painting Camp "Bucovina - Past, Present, and Future", Romania 2011
This application is a virtual gallery of his most famous and most recent artwork organized thematically into different categories.
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.