SkyORB 3D Lite
By Realtech VR
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SkyORB 3D Lite takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy in this new version. Click "More" to learn why you should download this App today!
"SkyORB's new look 3D interface is very slick and basic navigation of the solar system in 3D is easy and fun"
This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space.
SkyORB features a 3D interface, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current launch missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
This new version includes a redesigned user interface, easier to use with its tool tips, help documentation, access to Facebook community,
• Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude or automatically with Location Services,
• Allows to go back and forth in time with precision using PLAN404 series (accurate from 3000 B.C. to 3000 A.D)
• Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates and automatically generated calendar of upcoming astronomy events.
• 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and visuals.
• 3D animation of the solar system in real-time or fast forward, with actual facts for each planets.
• 3D sky map with real-time precession with planets, stars, constellations, deep objects, comets and satellites,
• Comets and satellites trajectories which can be updated among 6 different databases including IAU Minor Planet Center.
• Displays the world map sun clock with rise and set.
• Multi-touch trackpad (on some devices) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
• Universal search engine.
• Weather retrieval base from location.
• Notifications center support.
• Retina display support.
• In-App purchase for upgrading to the Premium version.
Premium version (In-App purchasable):
• More views unlocked, including ability to hide user interface in planetarium and local view modes,
• Display more information on moon phases, and more.
• Allow to zoom up to 1 degree,
• More complete search engine,
• Improved notifications.
• And many more features unlocked !
Check out the video on YouTube
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out our Twitter page:
What's New in Version 5.2.8
• Improved text localization.
• Improved notifications.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 22 August 2016
- Version: 5.2.8
- Size: 91.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Stephane Denis
- © 2002-2016 realtech VR. All Rights Reserved. realtech VR, the realtech VR logo and SkyORB are trademarks of realtech VR in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor