SMS a GPS
By Sunshine Valley Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SMS a GPS can send your position as a link in a text message or email that can be pressed by the recipient to plot your location on a map. The recipient can respond in the same manner with their position to allow you to plot their location on a map and track them. The distance and direction will be displayed to show where they are in relation to you. No servers required, SMS a GPS leverages the iPhone’s built-in messaging capabilities. SMS a GPS can also assist with third-party GPS systems that use the NMEA 0183 Standard.
Note: In order for the SMS a GPS links to be recognized by the system, the device must be reset after SMS a GPS is installed.
• Send your position to others with SMS or email
• Send your location with a SMS a GPS link or a maps link for desktop computers or devices without SMS a GPS installed
• Send a link from an email to a text message
• Monitor latitude and longitude and altitude
• Store waypoints for subjects being tracked
• Group waypoints
• Share waypoints as CSV (comma-separated-values)
• Share using iTunes, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Mail, Notes, Messages, AirDrop, or preview the file to print.
• Lookup altitude for waypoints.
• Connect grouped waypoints with a line.
• Create custom waypoints by entering latitude and longitude or adding a pin to the map
• Reverse geocode the address of the current location or a waypoint location
• Display coordinates in decimal, decimal minute or decimal, minute, second format
• Map rotation using compass feature to orient the map to the Earth
• View map with roads, satellite, or hybrid
• Get driving directions to a waypoint with Maps
• Forward waypoint locations to others using SMS or email
• Keep track of recently sent and received position communications in recent calls
• Send inquiry commands to NMEA 0183 compatible devices with a button push
• Parse responses from NMEA 0183 compatible devices to create a waypoint
• Built-in Help Manual
What is this SMS a GPS “link”? Just like when you see a link in a web page or email that will open a web page, the SMS a GPS link will automatically launch SMS a GPS. The SMS a GPS link will appear as blue text underlined, just like any other link. Pressing the link in an email or SMS message will automatically launch SMS a GPS and use the information in the link to show the location of the sender. The information includes the name, contact method, time, latitude and longitude of the sender.
SMS a GPS was inspired by scenarios such as concerts, fairs, markets or other large areas where it can be difficult to find people. SMS a GPS provides a way to say, “I am here, where are you?” Instead of looking for landmarks, text messaging clues or making phone calls, SMS a GPS will walk you straight to your people.
SMS a GPS is perfect for outdoor lovers, hikers, sportsmen, hunters or anybody who needs to track someone on Earth!
If you use a third-party GPS tracker to track a subject or object, such as a car or loved one, SMS a GPS can assist in sending the cumbersome position request commands as well as parsing and deciphering the response from the device and creating a waypoint. Only NMEA 0183 compliant third-party GPS trackers are supported.
If you use a third-party GPS tracker that does not support the NMEA 0183 standard, it is possible to enter the latitude and longitude manually to create a waypoint.
GPS capabilities - GPS capability is required to determine your location.
Compass - A compass is required to determine the direction of a subject.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
New interface design
Organize tracks in Groups
Connect tracks on map with line
Share a group of tracks as a CSV file using iTunes, AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Mail, Messages, and Preview to print the file.
New HTML help file
Continuous tracking mode
Clear Map option
Terrain Mode is no longer available
Option to Keep Device On, to prevent the device from sleeping
Option for Background Tracking to allow tracking to continue in the background
Altitude is now part of the displayed and recorded coordinate information
Automatically rename a group of waypoints
Set the color of a group of waypoints
Lookup altitude feature to determine altitudes for waypoints that were not acquired with the GPS
Various bug fixes and optimizations
Updated for new iOS and devices
- 2,99 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 March 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 63.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Sunshine Valley Systems
- © Sunshine Valley Systems 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.