By Mark Putnam
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ValueViewer is an easy-to-use tool for artists who paint from life. Whether "en plein air" or in the studio, ValueViewer will allow the user to take a photo of their subject, view it in grayscale, or posterize it into two or three values. You may also select an existing image directly from a photo album on your iPhone or iPad.
Controls let you adjust the light, mid-tone, and dark area of your image to "key" your painting correctly, and assist in helping you "see" value, even in the most unforgiving light. The image can be zoomed in and out, scrolled, and rotated into position to help you find just the right composition for your painting. Convenient adjustable 'frame' overlays help you crop the image to fit your canvas, and grids can be displayed to help you to compose your painting or transfer the image to your canvas.
Experience artists consider the ValueViewer an "indespensible" tool, and even use it check the integrity of their composition and color choices as they work on a painting.
Thousands of amateur and professional artists rely on the ValueViewer everyday.
What's New in Version 3.6.2
- IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER!
ValueViewer is undergoing several important changes. The current version may not work correctly when taking pictures or accessing the Photo Library. Please wait to purchase after a new version has been released. To those of you who have purchase ValueViewer, thank you for you patience. An update should be released in June 2016.
- Completely fixes a handful of troublesome bugs such as the "frozen," "vanishing," or "mis-positioned" controls ribbon.
- Optimized interface for iPhone5, iPad, and older iPhone models.
- iOS 7.x ready, but still supports iOS 6.x.
- Added Rabatment grid option.
- About the Frame: The ValueViewer adjusts a frame to optimize your device's display. As a result, height and width may be swapped.
- About the Grid: In order to show a Grid, you must first choose to show a frame.