Joey Green's Fix-It Magic
More Than 1,971 Quick-and-Easy Household Solutions Using Brand-Name Products
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
From the man who’s been called the Mad Scientist of Home Improvement—who taught Jay Leno to shave with Jif Peanut Butter and helped Rosie O’Donnell condition her hair with Reddi-wip—here is another irresistible volume filled with fun, offbeat ways to fix things around the house and garden using brand-name products already on hand.
Readers will delight in this treasure trove of quick, inexpensive fixes such as how to:
• Fix a broken dishwasher with Kool-Aid
• Remove water stains from wood furniture with Miracle Whip
• Spackle holes in walls with S.O.S. steel wool pads
• Remove wallpaper with Heinz white vinegar
• Clean driveway spills with Coca-Cola
• Repair scratched woodwork with Maxwell House coffee
• Start a car with Bayer aspirin
Organized from A to Z by topic and area of the home and jam-packed with "Strange Facts" and fascinating sidebars, this fun-to-read book presents nearly 1,000 cleaning, organizing, and home-repair problems that cover everything from barbecues to bathtubs, carpets to ceiling fans, sprinkler systems to swimming pools. It makes a great gift and is a practical guide for anyone looking for a simple way to tackle everyday problems and repairs.