Glympse - Share GPS location with friends and family
By Glympse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Glympse is a fast, free and simple way to share your location using GPS tracking in real time with friends and family!
No sign up required! Only those you share with can view your Glympse from any web-enabled device. Download Glympse today!
~~~ Here’s what our users have to say about Glympse! ~~~
5 Stars - “This app is awesome... I use it to show people where I am, my eta, to coordinate several people meeting at the same place coming from different directions... It gives people peace of mind, and the option to see it in a web browser is awesome for those who don't yet have the app. Also, it's nice that you can set the Glympse to expire upon arrival for saved battery life.” – Bradley Dunham via iTunes
5 Stars - "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glympse!!! Thnx!" -via Glympse support
5 Stars - "Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!" -via Glympse support
~~~ AWARDS & PRESS ~~~
+ 2014 Webby Award Winner
+ "[Glympse] is one of those apps that’s ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." – CNET Reviews
+ "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" – Fast Company
+ Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" – Mashable
+ Easy: no sign up required or contact lists to manage
+ Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
+ Live: share location in real time with dynamic map
+ Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
+ Passive: runs in the background
+ Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
+ coordinate a social night out with friends
+ let your spouse know your ETA when you’ll be home from work
+ let your family know you are safe while running or cycling
+ find friends at a concert festival
+ provide a courtesy notice with ETA to a client when stuck in traffic
+ share a charity run route with followers on Facebook or Twitter
+ direct emergency personnel to you quickly
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Glympse supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Please note that an iPhone or iPad with cellular data are best suited for sending Glympses as they have GPS for pinpoint location and can share your location while you are on the move.
• We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us a note using the "Send us Feedback" feature in the app under Settings.
What's New in Version 3.5
New in this version:
- Your Favorites now sync across devices! If you use the same Facebook or Twitter connected to your Glympse account on more than one device, your Favorites will automatically appear on all your devices.
- Our Start Menu now has your top three Favorites, so you can send to them quickly! Pick your top three by sorting them on the Favorites page.
- Updating a Favorite now also updates the matching Home Screen Shortcut.
- Adding or Updating a Favorite and saving to your Home Screen is now easier.
- Now when your Glympse is close to expiring and you haven't yet reached your destination, you can extend right from the notification.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Thanks for using Glympse!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 27 March 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Glympse
- © 2014 Glympse Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.