By Graham Haley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Provides hill data for a number of popular UK and Ireland hill lists including ...
Munros and Munro Tops, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds, Welsh and English Furths, Wainwrights and Outlying Fells, Birketts, the Irish 900s, Arderins, Binnions, Carns, Vandeleur-Lynams, all County Tops, the Trail 100 and many more!
There are 7534 hills in total, almost an entire lifetime of hill walking. If you run out, please let me know!
- Track completed hills by ticking those you have climbed
- View counts per list (hills completed, total and percentage)
- Supports multiple ascents and rounds
- Sort lists by section/book number, name, height, distance, date climbed or ascents
- Save the date and add notes for each ascent
- Share your location by email or SMS when you get to the top of each hill
- Access OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude per hill
- View hill locations on a map
- See route information for popular hills, provided via external links to the Walk Highlands and MountainViews websites
- See weather information for selected regions in Scotland, Wales and England, provided by the Mountain Weather Information Service (MWIS) website
- Find your current location and display it as an OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude
- Set your location by searching for places or postcodes
- View your current location and surrounding hills on a map
- Backup your data and sync it between devices by email, AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
DATA, ROUTES AND WEATHER
The data for the UK and Ireland has been extracted from version 15.5 of the Database of British and Irish Hills (DoBIH), with kind permission from Chris Crocker and Alan Dawson.
Route information for the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Wainwrights, Hewitts and most of the Trail 100 is provided via external links to the Walk Highlands website.
Route information for all the lists in Ireland is provided via external links to the MountainViews website.
Weather information for Scotland, the Lake District, the Peak District/Yorkshire Dales and Snowdonia is provided by the MWIS website.
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/hills/).
Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
What's New in Version 5.2
If you like my app and appreciate the many FREE updates, please help by leaving a review on the App Store or telling others about #HillLists for iOS. Thank you!
Moved to version 15.5 of the Database of British and Irish Hills (DoBIH), a routine update with some minor changes to the HuMPS, Simms, Nuttalls and County Tops.
Added five new lists: the Administrative and Historic County Tops, Bridges, Buxton and Lewis, and Dillons. In doing so, I have tidied up the smaller lists into their UK equivalents: Deweys, Hewitts and Nuttalls. Apologies if you were tracking the region-specific versions of these, but individually they were pretty small.
This update also migrates to some new APIs from Dropbox, as the old ones are being permanently disabled in September 2017.
If you are currently using the Apps folder to store your backup files, you shouldn't notice any difference. However if you are using the Root (i.e. top level) folder, you will need to re-link the app to Dropbox to continue using their service. Unfortunately files cannot be migrated automatically, but this is very easy to do from a computer. Please see my support site or get in touch if you need help.
Note that you now require iOS 8 or above. Older versions (of iOS and my app) will continue to work, but you will no longer get updates.
- USD 1.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 26 June 2017
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Graham Haley
- © 2009-2017, Graham Haley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.