15 Easy Steps to Mastering Technical Charts
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
"Charts are for trading as water is for fish. You cannot trade without knowing how to read a technical chart," says financial markets guru, Ashu Dutt.
"Trading the markets is a game of odds. The goal is to improve your odds. The odds of making the greatest profit at the minimum possible risk."
In this book, Ashu explains everything you need to master technical charts. Each of these 15 steps will help you read what the charts are revealing about the market and what and how you should trade. A mastery of charts will hugely improve your trading odds and trading profits:
● How charts reveal the market's collective mood and trading action
● How to use the combination of price, volume and time to confirm price rallies and declines
● How to improve your trades by mastering support and resistance
● How to stop trading losses and protect your gains using stop loss
● How to make money trading accumulation and distribution
● Wait out the head, trade the body and exit at the tail
● How to develop a successful trading plan of your own
● How to read charts for short and long term trading; day trading, swing trading and position trading
● How to find out if a chart may be misleading you
● How to find trades that fit you and will make you money.
PLUS, The Chart Grader Quiz and much, much more!
Ashu Dutt is one of the most visible and respected faces in Indian financial markets. In this book he reveals 15 steps to mastering technical charts used by successful market traders to improve their trading odds:
● Market-tested trading strategies
● Dozens of Trading charts
● Key points highlighted with real-life examples.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ashu Dutt is a financial markets guru and one of the best known and respected faces in Indian financial markets. He is the author of numerous best selling books on subjects, ranging from commodities to value investing to trading. Ashu strives to bring to retail investors the trading secrets, techniques and market strategies that are typically the exclusive domain of big investors.
Ashu was the Associate Editor at CNBC TV 18, Chief Consulting Editor at Bloomberg, Senior Anchor at NDTV and Star News, anchoring some of India's marquee programmes on financial markets.
Ashu has also been a Master Trainer and a Conference speaker across Asia speaking at investment banking, private equity, real estate structured conferences like Barclays, UBS and Citibank. He has also been invited as a Master Trainer by prestigious investment banking associations, such as the Malaysian Investment Banking Association and Euro Money. He is considered an authority in several areas, including mergers and acquisitions, wealth management, private equity and real estate finance.
Ashu has held several key positions at top tier investment banks like MD-South Asia at Northbridge Capital and Celadon RE. Before returning to India in 1996, Ashu was Manager-International Taxes and Special Projects at Continental Grain Company, the world's fourth largest private company and the second largest trader of commodities and commodity options and a member at the Chicago Board of Trade headquartered in New York. He has also worked as a Tax Policy Analyst with the Office of Tax Policy, New York City Department of Finance in New York.
Ashu is a Certified Public Accountant, certified in the state of Maryland, USA. He holds an M.B.A. and a B.B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) in Finance and Investments from Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, New York.