Explore Provence - Camargue Virtual App
De i-mobilize, inc.
Abra o iTunes para comprar e baixar apps.
The Camargue region of southern Provence
is known for its desolation, white horses, black bulls and swampy plains.Less known is its history of Crusaders at Aigues-Mortes, the ancient city with spectacular 13th century military architecture;its salt traders and Crusader saddle makers.
Today this southern Rhône river delta is one of Europe’s largest ecological reserves, fostering a unique environmental balance.Every year it sees a migration of pink flamingos, the harvest of an introduced rice development and large scale industrial production of salt.
The Gypsies of France have made Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer a holy centre for their annual religious celebrations whilst a dramatic demonstration of medieval falconry embodies the spirit, the pomp and pageantry of castles, knights and kings.
* Evolution of the Rhône River delta, the Camargue
* The white Camargue horse and the Fête du Cheval
* Camargue bulls bred for the traditional bullfight, the course à la cocarde
* Guardians of the Camargue and their cabanes
* Arles the capital, its Fête des Guardians and Fête du Costume
* Interview with Mme Jeanne Calment, 122 years old
* Saintes-Maries de la Mer and the ceremony of the two holy Marys
* Origin of the Gypsies and their annual pilgrimage to worship black Saint Sarah
* The Camargue Natural Reserve where the pink flamingo nests
* Rice growing and history of the production of salt in the Camargue
* Aigues-Mortes the Crusader port.The Crusader’s saddle and a saddle maker
* The Beaucaire Fair and falconry of the Middle Age
Six one-hour programs describe an unparalleled Provencal heritage in a remarkable society, in this sunny south of France. Historically accurate, this series is entertaining and informative, suitable for all ages.
1.The People of Provence
2.The Roman Heritage
3.The Christian Heritage
4.Archaeology in Provence
5.Marseille and Toulon
Novidades da versão 4.0
New version fixes bugs while running under iOS 5.
- USD 9.99
- Categoria: Viagens
- Atualizado: 02/02/2012
- Versão: 4.0
- Tamanho: 683 MB
- Idioma: Inglês
- Vendedor: i-mobilize.com Inc.
- © 2010 I-Mobilize.com
Compatibilidade: Requer o iOS 4.3 ou posterior. Compatível com iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.