Our users will tell better than us:
"A really good groove box, so easy to get beats and hooks going in moments and the sound is just stunning!" - App Store review
"Well this is something special I can tell you, so much has gone into this and many people are going to just love this" - thesoundtestroom
"Lots of preinstalled sounds, effects and the usability is there. It allows you to be as creative as you like with no need for the numerous sub-menus you find on other software" - App Store review
"This is a very well thought out and inspirational app. It goes much further than just electronic dance music... Highly recommended!" - App Store review
"Where has this been my whole life!... Gorgeous, user friendly, simple and sonically vibrant" - App Store review
Groove Rider GR-16 is a professional step-sequenced groove box, inspired by professional hardware drum machines and rhythm boxes. It has a powerful Poison-202 based two oscillator synthesizer engine, plus a big variety of included PCM drum samples, insert/send/master effects, arpeggiator, automation recording, modulator, ADSR and filter block, and more! Built-in factory pattern library includes patterns in different music styles, which will inspire you (the list will be appended with the regular updates). Check out the patterns demo video:
One remarkable feature of GR-16 is that all the controls are arranged on one screen, just like on a real groove box device! It lets you access almost all useful parameters from the one screen. Forget about numerous sub-windows and dialogs, which ruined your inspiration in another musical apps! Groove Rider is the fastest path from your imagination to reality!
You can use GR-16 as a ready-to-go realtime musical instrument (groove box) in your jam sessions together with Ableton Link feature to synchronize it with your other music gear. Groove Rider is also very handy for quickly sketching your musical ideas, allowing you to instantly record them directly by using the Record function. Making music becomes easy and fun, in contrast with boring note drawing process and dealing with tons of files and expensive plugins in the DAW's! Don't loose your inspiration, boost it up with Groove Rider!
• supports Ableton Link, AudioBus, AudioShare, Inter-App Audio, Core Midi, Virtual Midi In/Out, Bluetooth Midi, Midi Clock sync
• synth engine is Poison-202 based: 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms (Saw, Pulse, Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw)
• synth oscillator modulation types: Ring, Sync, PW and XFM
• 83 available oscillator configurations
• WaveTable synthesis with ability to import user wavetables (Serum .wav format supported)
• Filter module with LP, BP, HP, Notch type filters, 12 and 24 dB/octave
• ADSR envelope, assignable to Amp and Filter
• Modulator module with 9 LFO shapes x 6 destinations (Pitch, Filter, Level, Pan, Osc Edit, IFX Edit)
• polyphony up to 32 voices
• 16 sounding parts per pattern
• 16 steps x 8 bars per each part
• each step consist of up to 4 voices (notes)
• each step can be time shifted forward/backward a fractional value
• strokes for each step (to play several notes at one step)
• step trigger conditions for each note
• 12 send effect types, one send effect per pattern
• 22 master effect types, one master effect per pattern
• 34 insert effect types, one insert effect per each part
• master Limiter
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 50 rhythm patterns
• Scale play mode with 36 different scales to select from
• Chords and Notes play mode
• 30+ different midi groove templates
• 116 microtonal scales
• store up to 256 user patterns
• import & export user patterns and banks via share sheet
• pattern audio export in 16, 24 and 32 bit wav format
• Ableton Live Set export
• 29 interface skins
Minimum recommended devices:
• iPhone 5 / iPad Air
In this version (1.6.3):
- added nested folders support for the imported user samples. Now you can browse your samples tree not being limited to nesting level or folder name length;
- import .zip function now imports your samples into GR-16 documents folder, preserving full subdirectory tree from given zip file (previously, all subdirectories were merged into one during import);
- bug fixed: Copy/Paste patterns function was not working properly after last update;
- minimal improvements in the Arpeggiator: Up, Down and Random modes are now also affecting the arpeggiator's octaves, not only key order as it was before;
- fixed: Midi In now ignores incoming midi channel notes, if corresponding part's Mutes are ON;
- fixed: "-0.00" parameter value issue which sometimes appeared in the adjustable Settings parameters.
In previous update (1.6.2):
- User patterns bank is now subdivided into several sub-banks (4 x 64 by default), for easier pattern navigation. You can change the subdivide factor from the Settings menu -> User sub-banks parameter;
- now you can hold "Part ->" or "<- Part" button and tap a Pad, to instantly select desired Part;
- crash bug fixed, when trying to use "Delete All User Patterns" utility; also when importing previously saved user bank from .bank.gr16 file;
- now tapping a Pad will not switch off the Shift Lock. It can be useful when tweaking knobs with Shift Lock On, while hitting Pads to hear the effect.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it.
Good, but could have more instruments.
- Dmitrij Pavlov
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 JimAudio
- R$ 62,90
- In-App Purchases
- Techno Sessions Bank R$ 16,90
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.