Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easier and more fun than ever before.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is a revolutionary, open source programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• Interface Builder displays pixel-perfect UI for each target device and can edit at any zoom level
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Assistant editors show content related to your primary task
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its can improve your code with just a click
• Source Control navigator makes it easy to manage code across a team
Interface Builder makes it easy to design your interface without code
• Storyboards let you arrange the complete flow of screens within your app
• See your custom controls rendered live within the design canvas
• Customize your interface for different devices, screen sizes, and orientations
• StackViews make it easy to reason about the layout of each section of your interface
• Create connections from your GUI design directly to the related source code
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Refactoring makes it easy to modify the structure of Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++ code
• Hit a few keys and Open Quickly will instantly open any file within your project
• Data tips show a variable's value by hovering your mouse over the code as it runs
• Quick Look variables while debugging to see the actual color, bezier path, image, and more
• Third party app extensions can add new capabilities to the source editor
Test driven development is built right in
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run unit tests or user interface tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots to automatically build and test your apps
• Analyzer travels countless code paths looking for logical errors before they become bugs
Instruments makes performance analysis beautiful
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and GPU performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Analyze your app directly, or sample the entire system, with very little overhead
• Create custom instruments with unique visualizations to analyze your own code and frameworks
To test or deploy applications on an iOS device, Apple TV, or on Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Some features may require Internet access.
Xcode 10.2 includes Swift 5 and SDKs for iOS 12.2, tvOS 12.2, watchOS 5.2, and macOS Mojave 10.14.4
Xcode 10.2.1 fixes a build time issue in large Swift projects, and includes additional bug fixes
• Swift 5 runtime is included as part of the OS in the latest Apple platform releases
• App Store thins the Swift runtime from your apps for faster downloads to devices running latest OS
• SIMD vector types are built into the standard library
• String literals have an enhanced syntax that makes them easier to read and write
• New Result enum type makes it easier to handle errors across asynchronous operations
Other enhancements in Xcode
• Debugger console has a new frame variable command alias “v” that is faster than “p” or “po”
• Playgrounds include various stability improvements and additional memory safety checks
Ratings and Reviews
É o que tem pra hoje
Problemas por todos os lados. Dá muito crash, até pra order um projeto dentro do Workspace.
Infelizmente o Xcode é a única alternativa pra desenvolver, mesmos as outras soluções híbridas dependem dele de alguma forma.
Problemas no SpritKit
Quando tento abrir a “GameScene.sks”, o Xcode fecha inesperadamente… Espero que seja corrigido o mais breve possível.
I totally accept errors on programs. But Apple stuff are so expensive that, in this case, errors are not acceptable. Playgoround simply doesn’t work. No matter how many lines of code I wrote, even a “print(’something’)” doesn’t work. I have a super new 2018 MacBook Pro with very few things installed. Even so, Xcode sometimes crashes.
“When” it works, Xcode is a great tool with a very nice look and feel. Sadly, it isn’t stable as Visual Studio yet.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.