Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps, by providing a temporary "shelf" for your files and app-content.
It frees up your mouse, enabling you to navigate more comfortably to the destination of your files.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in at the edge of your screen, allowing you to drag to it.
While Yoink is holding on to your files for you, you can more easily and comfortably navigate to the destination of your files, without having to keep the mouse button clicked the entire time.
Overview of Yoink's main features:
- A "shelf" at the edge of your screen for files and app-content you'd like to move or copy, which behaves like Finder (regarding moving and copying)
- Yoink follows you everywhere - windows, spaces and (fullscreen-) apps
- Icons are created using QuickLook, allowing easy identification
- Multiple files dragged to Yoink at once are condensed into a Stack, making it easy to drag them out together
- System Services, the Quick Action and Share extensions allow storing files in Yoink without having to use drag and drop
- Handoff to transfer files between all the Macs, iPads and iPhones you're using Yoink on
- Clipboard History, which lets you store previously copied content in Yoink, or copy again
- Highly customizable - you decide where, when and if Yoink appears
- "Share" to and from Yoink
For further information and usage tips for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what members of the press say about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
Some features may require a more recent version of macOS, or the separately available Yoink app for iOS:
Handoff from Mac to Mac requires macOS El Capitan 10.11 or newer on both Macs
Handoff to/from iPad or iPhone requires separately available Yoink app for iOS
Quick Action and Continuity Camera requires macOS Mojave 10.14
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
- Fixes a rare bug that would cause Yoink not to react anymore under certain circumstances
- Fixes a bug on older versions of macOS where "promise drags" sometimes wouldn't be finished correctly
- Fixes a bug where a repeated rating request would occur - my apologies
New Features in Yoink v3.5.3:
- Yoink's position on your screen can now be more easily changed, by dragging the window itself
- Continuity Camera is now supported by Yoink and lets you save photos or documents from your iPhone or iPad right in Yoink
- Right-click a file to "Save as" - allowing you to not only move or copy a file this way, but also rename it
- When Yoink is the active app, you can now use your keyboard to navigate (arrow up, down, select all, Quick Look)
- If you'd like to keep a file in Yoink when dragging it out, keep the fn key on your keyboard pressed during the drag
- To temporarily disable Yoink when dragging something, keep the fn key on your keyboard pressed during the drag
- Double-press the keyboard shortcut (by default, F5) to quickly add your clipboard's contents to Yoink
Improvements in Yoink v3.5.3:
- Adds a button to the Extensions tab in Yoink's preferences to quickly install its PDF action, which lets you add PDFs to Yoink from print dialogs
- Yoink's clipboard history widget now ignores nspasteboard.org's declared types
- Improves drag recognition - control-left-clicks no longer make Yoink do work
- Long filenames now have extension tooltips
- Improves CPU usage when checking for drags, saving CPU cycles and battery life
- Yoink no longer reacts to drags in most games, saving CPU cycles and battery life
- You're now able to delete individual items in Yoink's Clipboard History Today Widget
- Improves the way the "File moved to trash in Finder" popover behaves
- New Intro screen
- Improved compatibility with Panic, Inc.'s Transmit, where dragging multiple files from the local side of Transmit would result in only one file being added to Yoink
- Improved compatibility with Apple, Inc.'s Remote Desktop app
- Improved compatibility with DevonThink
Bugfixes in Yoink v3.5.3:
- A URL transferred to one Mac from another via Handoff now has the proper title, not the URL itself as a title
- Files handed off to a Mac no longer sometimes lose their file extensions
- Fixes an issue where items still being written to disk could be dragged out of Yoink
- Fixes a bug that made Yoink unnecessarily the foremost app when force-touching
- Fixes an issue where the Quick Look panel sometimes would be larger than the screen size
- Fixes an issue where, after an item from Sketch was dragged to Yoink, all subsequent files would get a Sketch icon-badge, too
- Fixes an issue where Yoink would unnecessarily check for drags when a right-click-drag would occur
- Fixes an issue where a menu would appear out of place when force-clicking on a stack to show files in Finder
- Fixes a rare exception when closing the Quick Look popover
- Fixes an issue where a file received via Handoff would add a superfluous file extension, resulting in something like "filename.zip.zip"
- Fixes two issues when summoning Yoink to a different screen
- Fixes an issue where, if a drag would take long, Yoink would stop looking for drags
- Fixes a bug that made Yoink's menu bar icon's menu change its font size
- Fixes the Quick Action available to users of macOS Mojave - please re-install it via Yoink's Preferences -> Extensions
- Fixes an issue where the Alfred action sometimes wouldn't work correctly - please re-install it via Yoink's Preferences -> Extensions
- Fixes an issue where the Quick Look popup for docx, Pages, Keynote and Numbers documents had the wrong size
Ratings and Reviews
Nunca deu problema, é leve, e uma grande mão na roda. Isso pra mim é sinônimo de responsabilidade da empresa. Parabéns.
There is a few days that it stopped working. I have uninstalled and installed again and it does not open. Can't recommend this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback on Yoink. I'm sorry my app is giving you trouble.
Please send me a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any error messages or symptoms you get so I can fix this up for you. Thank you.
With warm regards,
Não funciona corretamente
A ideia do app é excelente. No entano, ele trava com frequência, não permitindo que os arquivos sejam incluídos ou retirados. infelizmente não dei muita sorte. Mesmo assim o aplicativo é ótimo.
Developer Response ,
thank you for your feedback on Yoink. I'm sorry my app is giving you trouble.
Please get in touch with me at email@example.com so I can help fix the issues you're having.
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 24.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019, Eternal Storms Software
- R$ 29,90
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.