ADK 46er Now
By One Bad Ant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you are a multiple 46er, or tackling your first attempt to climb the 46 high peaks (or even just a few of them) then this app was developed for you. It is designed to be easy to use, to complement your summit efforts, and not distract from your hike.
ADK46erNow provides you with tools to use during your hikes (compass, GPS location, surrounding peak identifications, and trip reporting) and planning tools you can use beforehand (46 summit log book, weather, and maps).
Upon launching the app you will find the home screen that connects you to the app’s four major features: Your log book, the suite of "Now" features after which the app is named, information and maps for the 46 high peaks, and weather forecasts.
The ADK46erNow app is not a replacement for appropriate hiking gear, a good trail guide, compass, GPS device, good topographical trail maps, or common sense. We have done our best to provide you with a useful, feature-rich and fun set of tools for your hikes. Please enjoy and hike responsibly and let us know what new or improved features you would like to see.
• Compass: Tapping the app logo located at the top of the home screen will reveal the compass. Tap it again to dismiss it.
• The Progress Bar: At the bottom of the home screen is your summit progress bar, which displays a graphical representation and a count of the summits you’ve reached for your current summit log. (You can have multiple logs, a log for each collection of 46 summits.)
• Your Log Book: Use your log book to plan your approach (or multiple approaches) to the 46 Adirondack high peaks. Group planned peaks, assign planned summit dates, and automatically stamp your summits with time, date, GPS location, and current weather forecast. Record your trip notes.
• ADK46erNow! Use the three “Now” features to locate your current position and nearby high peaks. The “360 Degree View” will overlay your current bearing over the iPhone’s camera view and identify the surrounding peaks. Summit Stamp allows you to quickly locate peaks and stamp your summit achievements.
• The Peaks: Need to know more about the peaks? Want to know the shortest round trip, the longest? Whether the peak is trailed or not? The High Peaks button will give you all this plus Google and topo maps.
• Weather: Get the weather forecast for your current GPS location, or for any of the 46 high peaks. Scroll through the seven-day forecast and tap the any entry for full forecast details.
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixed missing images issue.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 04 June 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: One Bad Ant
- © One Bad Ant
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.