By Aptos Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cryptoglyphic is a cryptogram game inspired by the Sherlock Holmes short story “The Adventure of the Dancing Men” written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Cryptoglyphic is the original cryptogram game that gives you the choice of letter or image ciphers.
Take the step and begin your own adventure into the mysterious world of cryptograms!
* Thousands of cryptograms
* Multiple categories
* Multiple game levels
* Multiple cipher themes
* Save game phrases to your Favorites list
* Share game phrases using Facebook, email, or SMS messaging
* Unlimited hints
* Comprehensive statistics
* Easy to use interface
* Scrolling view always for longer cryptograms
* Supports portrait or landscape views
* No online connection required
* A combined total of nearly 4,000 cryptograms
* Includes famous quotes, idioms, proverbs, food related items, spelling bee words
* In Settings, you can choose to play one or more categories
* Over 1,500 famous quotes (the largest category); grouped into 36 subtopics
* Easy, Medium, and Hard
* Easy and Medium are based on recurring letters, letter combinations, number of words, and app specific criteria
* Hard = Patristocrat cryptograms. A Patristocrat cryptogram has no punctuation, no word divisions, and letters are arbitrarily grouped (groups of 5 letters)
* A total of 20 cipher themes
* Groups of dancing figures, letters, known ciphers, ancient languages, and fun images; using various backgrounds and text colors.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- iPhone 5 screen support
- iOS 6 support
- A couple of minor tweaks
- USD 0.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: 22 November 2012
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Aptos Group LLC
- 2010-2014 Aptos Group LLC; Game Graphics © 2010-2014 Palo Alto Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.