By Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the HHMI Bulletin on the iPad. Designed for a general audience, this FREE science magazine app offers scientist-vetted content in an in-depth, narrative, ad-free form. The app has the same engaging stories and eye-catching illustrations as the print magazine, along with exclusive videos, interactive graphics, and audio slideshows.
Highlights from the Winter 2014 issue:
• Meet a team of engineers that builds everything from table-top fly sorters to tiny dragonfly backpack recorders.
• Find out why one scientist turned to ants to learn about genetics, behavior, and aging.
• See a calcium super sensor light up mouse brain neurons.
• Watch as bacteria infect and paralyze a plant.
• Learn how one soil-based fungus shape-shifts to suit its environment.
• Journey into a cell to see vesicles delivering proteins and neurotransmitters.
Download a new issue and learn about the innovative work of researchers and science educators supported by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
Keep as many issues of the HHMI Bulletin as you like on your app bookshelf, so you can read them whenever and wherever you want.
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a nonprofit medical research organization that is dedicated to advancing biomedical research and science education in the United States.
Take science to go with the HHMI Bulletin for iPad. Because life is learning.
What's New in Version 2.5
- Social sharing through Pinterest
- Automatic issue archiving
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 September 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- © 2012 Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.