This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
IBM Redbooks® publications give you what you need, when and where you need it.
The IBM Redbooks mobile app provides on-the-go access to Redbooks publications, announcements, and social sites. Available for iOS devices.
For nearly 50 years, IBM Redbooks publications have provided trusted product positioning, expert guidance, and installation and implementation experiences. Responding to the evolving needs of our users, we now also offer materials that provide the "just in time" technical information users need to quickly understand offerings and to make effective decisions. From classic books and papers to new Solution Guides and Product Guides, Point-of-View publications, blogs, and videos, we provide what you need, when and where you need it. And now you can access all of this content in one mobile app on your iOS device.
Features of the app include:
• Read thousands of Redbooks publications, from classic Redbooks to the latest Solution Guides, Product Guides, Redguides, and more
• Find Redbooks publications by those most recently published or updated, most popular, subject area, or publication type
• Search within publications and create bookmarks
• Save your favorite publications and organize them in convenient, customizable folders
• Share what you’re reading through Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Get the latest news from Redbooks, including announcements and listings of new residencies and workshops
• Connect with Redbooks through social channels, from Facebook to Twitter and more
• Link to the latest Redbooks blog posts and videos
What's New in Version 1.5.0
The new version of the official IBM Redbooks mobile app implements a notification system that sends to your device notifications of new Redbooks content specifically tailored to your interests. Upon installation of this new version, tell the Redbooks app what subjects you are interested in and you will begin to get custom notifications of new Redbooks content that interests you. To do this:
- Enter the notification configuration screen on the main menu by pressing the gears icon
- Select your areas of interest that reflect existing IBM Redbooks subject areas
- Optionally set a Do Not Disturb time to disable notifications being sent during a given time period
- Return to the main menu
Once you have configured the app, when there are new Redbooks deliverables that meet your subject criteria, you will receive a notification on your device. Upon following up on these alerts, you will be brought to a new Redbooks Inbox screen that lists these new deliverables as well as a counter of active updates. On this screen you have the ability to delete notifications individually by swiping (iOS) or long press (Android) or delete them all with the "Clear all" button.
We've designed this new functionality in the Redbooks mobile app to keep you informed of new Redbooks content that custom to your interests. Along with these improvements, we've also implemented general stability and speed improvements to the app as well. We hope you enjoy this new version of the official IBM Redbooks mobile app!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 06 January 2016
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: International Business Machines Corp
- © IBM Corporation 2013, 2015. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.