By Berkeley Computer Software Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Save TIME and MONEY with ModView. RAPIDLY inspect process gear from the convenience of your iPhone/iPad. Catch potential problems with all variables displayed BOTH numerically and graphically via the industry standard MODBUS protocol. Configuration is a snap with entries right in ModView, NO files, NO spreadsheets to download. Screenshots below.
Locally or halfway around the world, ModView enables process engineers, maintenance personnel and supervisors to monitor their process systems.
ModView supports a wide variety of communications. TCP or UDP can be used via the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch's wireless link (WiFi or cell). All three of the major Modbus protocols are supported: RTU, ASCII and Modbus/TCP. So whether you have a high end PLC or a simple RTU connected with an Ethernet to serial converter, ModView can talk to it!
ModView groups variables into a hierarchy so that you can easily see the health of each group or drill down for greater detail. Groups and variables are easy to add, clone, rearrange and remove.
Variables provide the pulse of your process. ModView shows their last numerical or text lookup value and a graph or meter for each.
Each Variable's configuration includes:
- IP address
- UDP or TCP
- RTU, ASCII or Modbus/TCP
- Device address (Modbus device number)
- Register (holding, input, coil or discrete)
- Timeout and retries
- Formula for scaling, conversion, masking (e.g. 9/5*v+32 or v>>10&0x3)
- Decimals to display
- Meter or trend graph with optional limits
- Register format (bit, integer 8/16/32, float, text lookup)
Configurations can easily be shared with your colleagues or used for deployment on multiple devices.
- Export to pasteboard and email
- Import from pasteboard
ModView comes complete with a built-in Modbus RTU for evaluation and testing.
Having problems with Modbus configuration or communications? Try our sister product ModChk. It provides detailed logs of the packets sent/received and the raw values for registers and any Modbus exceptions. It talks TCP and UDP over the Internet and the Modbus RTU, ASCII and Modbus/TCP protocols.
What's New in Version 1.24
- Corrected problem where TCP connections sometimes locked app for approximately 75 seconds.
- The line graph for an unchanging variable now plots as a horizontal line. Previously no plot appeared.
- Corrected problem where a site or sites imported via JSON potentially would not poll until the app was restarted.
- Corrected problem where poll time and graph were not updated if all variables in Sites or Site were unchanging.
- USD 9.99
- Category: Business
- Updated: 28 February 2011
- Version: 1.24
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Berkeley Computer Software LTD
- © 2011 Berkeley Computer Software Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.