Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue affecting video calls.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great, I live really far from my family and bf so needed an app to use to talk to them regularly, even when other apps are slow it almost always works at peak!
I use Skype more than any other IM client so naturally this was one of the first apps I decided to install on my iPhone, however this app is definitely highly inferior to the desktop version in every way.
Since I mostly use Sykpe to for its IM capabilities this app is annoying as it takes a long time to load and when it finally does I have to wait even longer for it to load my conversation history from the dawn of time, it seems. I also dislike the fact that it doesn't tell you when someone is typing a message and some people I talk to take a while to reply thus I have to stare at the screen for ages. Which brings me on to another point, this app doesn't really support multi-tasking, as soon as you switch to Safari for a few minutes (or any other app) you're signed out and then there's that whole issue of waiting for everything to load up again. I wish you could also have the emoticons available, they're there but you have to know the keyboard shortcuts and well I only know the smiley face, tongue and sad face ones.
Bottom line is that this is horrible to use as an IM client but it's semi-decent to make calls though it can take forever for your calls to go through and depending on the setting there's a delay and sometimes echo.
Works fine so far and the bugs have been fixed.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.