Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Most Trusted Tide App for over 4 years
- 1/2 million tide predictions sent each month
- Optimized for iOS 5, 6, and 7
Tide Graph uses the harmonic predictions from thousands of US coastal stations and presents them in a fun and interactive graph. And now, in version 2.0 you also get an intuitive graph that shows sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, and moon phase at a glance. Save recent locations, find locations using GPS location, and save graphs for later.
Tides have a great influence on the lives of boaters, fishermen, surfers, coastal communities, marine life, and vacationers just to name a few. Directly or indirectly, the great flow of our massive ocean bodies of water impact the daily lives of everyone on this planet.
The cyclical movement of the Earth's tides are caused by a combination of the gravitational forces of the sun and moon as well as the shape of the costal region. Unlike simple tide clocks that you can buy in novelty stores, more accurate tide predictions use special data gathered by instruments located at each tide station. The data from these measurements are used to determine the harmonic components which then feed into the mathematical algorithms which predict tides for the future. The end results are tested for accuracy and adjustments are made as necessary.
Tide Graph has US owned Tide Stations Only. An internet connection is required to get the latest tide graph. - See TideGraph.com for a complete list of stations.
1) After you upgrade, you must re-choose your tide station in order to view the tide station location on the external map. This is because the station names have changed to include the state which avoids the problem where two stations have the same name in different states.
2) Viewing tides on dates with different "daylight savings" than the current date result in a display error for the time as shown in the top left. Daylight savings time changes on Nov 1st.
Both of these bugs have been fixed and will be include in the next release (v 2.4). But because of their minor nature, v 2.4 will not be released until we have new features that make it worth downloading.
What's New in Version 3.5
Increased graph sizes for iPhone 5, 5C and 5S.
- USD 1.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 25 October 2013
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Brainware
- © Bryan Aamot
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.