CopyIt - The Grid Drawing Method
By Nigel Green
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** CopyIt can be seen in use on UK TV - Sky Arts Portrait Artist Of The Year 2014. **
Due to the large number of features in CopyIt, the toolbars are scrollable. Try scrolling each toolbar to access all of the available buttons.
First released in June 2010, CopyIt is the original and most feature rich grid drawing app available anywhere! See why so many artists, teachers and students are using CopyIt as an essential tool in their workflows.
Used by artists such as Vincent Van Gogh and Leonardo da Vinci, the grid drawing method has been brought to digital life with CopyIt. CopyIt assists you in copying, enlarging or reducing your chosen reference image using the grid drawing method. You do not even need to be artistic.
The grid drawing method has been used for centuries. It breaks images down into smaller work areas allowing you to focus on the actual lines and shapes within each square, rather than trying to draw the whole picture at once. You can't help but achieve with this method.
Using CopyIt as your reference object, it saves you from having to print your photos and ruin them by drawing grids over them, but unlike a real photo, it gives you the ability to zoom into the fine details. With a pencil, you then draw up a grid with the same number of squares using a separate medium, such as paper or canvas. Working square by square, you CopyIt!
If you want to draw an image larger or smaller than the original, the pencil-drawn grid should be drawn larger or smaller than the original grid on the device with the same amount of squares. All that matters is that the contents of each square are drawn to scale.
- Comprehensive Help
- Portrait or Landscape orientation
- Universal App, compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Supports Retina Displays
- Fullscreen mode (hides toolbars)
- Built-in Music player
- Audible feedback (can be turned off)
- Extra options in the Settings App
- Set your Maximum Zoom level from x1 to x20
- CopyIt will resist entering standby while in use (if power-saving options are enabled)
- 6 Grid Types
- Columns, Rows and Points grid sizing options
- Preset Grids for iPad: 16x12, 8x6 and 4x3 equal squares
- Preset Grids for iPhone and iPod touch: 12x8, 6x4 and 3x2 equal squares
- To maintain the grid visibility regardless of your photo, choose from 9 grid colors, Black (default), Gray, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Magenta
- Grid transparency is adjustable in 5% increments
- 5 different Grid Line thicknesses
- Grid letters and numbers (4 different formats)
- A center point in each grid square
- Guidelines: 1/4 and 1/16 to help you copy your subject
- Solid or Dashed Guidelines
- Guideline colour can be set independently to Grid colour
- SmartMove: Just touch a square once to zoom to that square
- SmartMove: takes advantage of your maximum zoom setting, never zooming in more than that amount
- Target mode highlights the current square and dims the rest, helping you to focus your attention
Filters and Effects:
- 12 Primary Filters
- 6 Secondary Filters
- Onion Skin Feature: Overlay your reference image above your work to quickly assess your accuracy
- 12 different image aspects
- Rotate the image in 90 degree increments
- Vertical and Horizontal Flip image
- Cameras are supported - both front and back
- Load Project
- Load From Photo Album
- Save Project
- Export Photo (AirDrop, email, message, print, export to Facebook, Twitter etc)
For detailed instructions on how to use CopyIt, a user guide is available within the App and on the Support website.
You can contact the developer on facebook or twitter.
www.facebook.com/CopyItTheGridDrawingMethod or @copyitforios
Thank you to all our users for their feedback and feature suggestions which have helped make CopyIt what it is today.
What's New in Version 4.8
- New Feature: Mosaic (Toggles on/off) - turns your reference image into a mosaic of coloured squares (with adjustable sizes).
For painters or coloured pencil artists, Mosaic can be used as a colour picker when choosing your palette. It can also be used by mosaicist's when designing their mosaics.
- Made compatible with iPad Pro.
- Designed for iOS 9.
- Combined Save Photo, Print and Email Photo into one button - you can now export your reference image in more ways.
- Minor bug fixes.
Thank you for supporting CopyIt. If you have any suggestions for new features, please use the Email Support button within CopyIt or contact the developer on the Support website: www.nigelgreensapps.com/copyit
If you get a chance, it would be great if you could leave a review of CopyIt on your local App Store and let others know what you think.
- USD 8.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 01 December 2015
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nigel Green
- © 2015 Nigel Green. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.