By Jason Walters
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Glitchbeam is a multi-touch interactive art app and visualizer that is always moving. Multi-colored beams grow, fold, bounce, and spin around as you tap, drag, and turn your device.
Glitchbeam was inspired by my curiosity and love of architecture, origami, prisms, and alternate dimensions. Created with openFrameworks. Programmed and designed by Jason Walters.
Shapes - Kaleidoscope modes
Spring - Controls the bounce
Speed - Force of gravity
Freeze - Decrease to create motion trails
Ghost - Opacity of the particles
Colors - Color or rainbow loop
Direction - Center or corner mode?
Camera - Enables the capture button on the draw screen
Capture - Saves screenshot to your photos
- Multi-touch: 5 fingers for iPhone/iPod and 10 for iPad -- Disable multitasking gestures in Settings/General app for iPad!
- Press the color buttons for random colors.
- Tilting your device affects the speed and direction
- Reset button resets settings to default.
- Original button enables GLITCHBEAM classic.
- Use the camera function to save images to your photos where you can then import into other programs to take your art further.
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: 19 June 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jason Walters
- © Jason Walters
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.