The Oregon Trail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: We are aware of an issue that might prevent the game from running properly on iOS 7 or iOS 8. We apologize for any current inconvenience this may cause.
The Oregon Trail is a unique strategy and educational game relating the first pioneers' journey to Western America. It is based on a resource management formula already proven in the U.S., where the game is an actual icon for adults and kids.
The press already love it:
**IGN Editors' Choice Award: “This game is gorgeous."
**Pocket Gamer's Gold Award: "Hilarious historic trailblazing manifests a new destiny on iPhone with vibrant visuals and entertaining new mini-games"
**“Battling with Puzzle Quest and Rolando, I think this may be the best looking game on the iPhone and iPod Touch platforms” -- GamerTell
Just like the real pioneers, overcome the perilous journey to Oregon in America's Wild West. Assume the role of a wagon leader in a side-view journey where your strategic decisions must ensure the safety of your party along the treacherous Oregon Trail. You're leaving your trace on a critical historical event for America!
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL
- Smart dialogue, cartoonish graphics and humorous animations.
- Historical references in the game through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers in an immersive way.
A WILD EXPERIENCE TO WESTERN AMERICA
- Expanded while simple decision-making parameters enable a high level of strategy and offer an easy pick-and-play strategy & adventure game for a large audience.
- 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraphing, berry picking, and gold panning. The outcomes will affect the supplies and health of your party.
- Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, weather, etc.) faced by real pioneers increase the challenge.
- Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
- Set your preferred conditions for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase food supplies and wagon components.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
- Post your achievements on your Wall.
- Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
- On Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
- On Twitter at http://twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of adventure, strategy, historical, cowboy, and western games.
What's New in Version 1.9.8
Even more stuff to take you further on The Oregon Trail!
- Access the Store any time during the game from the in-game menu.
- New items, including materials, to combine to create new equipment, food, medicines to cure illnesses, covers to reduce food consumption, etc.
- Combine specific materials to create new equipment.
- Barter materials for other ones you need.
- Undertake additional missions that reward you in coins and equipment.
- Purchase buildings in towns to earn coins regularly during your journey.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: 25 August 2011
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 314 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2014 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 HMH Consumer Company, and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.