3DMark Sling Shot is a cross-platform benchmarking app for the latest smartphones and tablets. Test the performance of your iPhone and iPad then compare it with the latest models with this free and easy-to-use benchmark app.
- Measure the GPU and CPU performance of your iPhone and iPad.
- Rank and compare the latest models in the Best Devices list.
- Incredible real-time graphics powered by Metal and OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Advanced lighting and post-processing effects.
- Developed by Futuremark, the benchmark experts.
- 100% free. No ads. No in-app purchases. No restrictions.
Sling Shot is an OpenGL ES 3.0 benchmark test with a 1920 × 1080 rendering resolution. Use Sling Shot to test mainstream mobile devices. You can compare Sling Shot scores across platforms.
Sling Shot Extreme is a more demanding test for the latest high-end smartphones and tablets. Sling Shot Extreme uses Apple's Metal API and a 2560 × 1440 rendering resolution. You can compare Sling Shot Extreme scores across platforms.
3DMark is used by millions of people, hundreds of hardware review sites and many of the world's leading technology companies. It's the industry standard benchmark for graphics performance measurement.
3DMark technical guide:
Futuremark benchmark rules:
This app is for non-commercial use only.
- Business users contact email@example.com for licensing.
- Members of the press please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improved compatibility with iOS 10.
Ratings and Reviews
Can your device handle the hottest new games? Find out.
Fantastic FREE Graphics Benchmark!
I initially downloaded the app a but skeptical as the reviews report problems and the fact that the last update was over 1 year ago and no indication that the app supports iOS 11. Despite this I was able to launch and run the benchmark flawlessly on iOS 11 on both my iPad Pro and iPhone 6. The fact that this app is free makes it ever better. Geekbench 4 only tests the CPU performance, this app is the perfect equivalent to testing the GPU.
Can't event start the benchmark
The app can open but once I press run, the app crashes. (Extreme edition)
Thank you for your feedback. We would have replied sooner, but Apple only recently enabled this feature. Even though you posted your review some time ago, we'd still like to help if we can.
We heard from several people who reported problems like yours, but their problems disappeared after Apple released iOS 10.0.3. It seems that there may have been some compatibility issues in the earlier versions of iOS 10.
To solve your problem, update your device to the latest version of iOS 10, then try running 3DMark again. You can reply by editing your review if you run into any other issues with our app.
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- 135 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Futuremark Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.