** Apple Design Award Winner **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
- Improved brush smoothing. Any painting tools should now have better smoothing by default.
- Transparent TGA import support.
- Fix for failures when using compound objects inside groups with Constraints set on them.
- Fix for deleting a node of a bitmap fill causing crash.
- Fix for combo boxes causing crashes for certain users on High Sierra.
- Fix for exporting JPEG automatically choosing to export clips as paths which is a poor default and causes confusion.
- Fix for text objects being created outside the hierarchy of the artboard they were supposed to be created in.
- Fix for rotated text bounding boxes being incorrect and for disappearing text following Power-Duplicate.
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
- Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
- Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
- Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
- Fixed PSD export of Fill layers.
- Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
- Assorted PDF export improvements.
- Paste and file-drop of PDF format files will now honour the DPI, as per File->Place.
- Fix for marching ants not showing on a rotated canvas.
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Genuine Substitute for Illustrator
This is anoutstanding app as a standalone sub for Illustrator. Support is very good and the developer is aces.
Problem is, there is no “publisher” option as with InDesign. You are pretty much relegated to standalone documents with this product.
They depaerately need an InDesign, page and web layout app to get the end product into circulation.
Developer Response ,
We're developing Affinity Publisher which will be our new desktop publishing app, it will work alongside our existing Affinity apps.
Better than Sketch and Illustrator Combined
I've used Illustrator and Sketch for years extensively, and Affinity Designer really is better then both of them combined. It has so many useful tools and features for web and application design. I highly recommend it.
Perfect for most needs
An excellent app, comparable to Adobe Illustrator but that does not require a subscription and does not load your Applications folder full of garbage extras like “Bridge”, etc (seriously, Adobe CS6 caused an explosion of at least six extra folders and unwanted “extras” in my Applications folder). I’m happy to ditch Adobe and just use this and Affinity Photo from this point forward. Great support, intuitive interface, nice forums and tutorial videos, and not overly expensive.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 247.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.