By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Air Display for Mac lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main computer. Launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it from the free host app you’ll install on your main Mac or PC to instantly expand its screen real estate.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
• Extremely responsive performance
• Mouse responsiveness indistinguishable from using a wired mouse
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from getairdisplay.com) installed on your main computer, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
• Launch Air Display on your "second display" Mac and it will help you finish the setup
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
MAC OS X: Air Display is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
WINDOWS: Air Display for Windows requires Windows 7 or 8, but is not compatible with Windows 7 Home Edition.
NETWORK: Both computers must be connected to the same local network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Add up to 4 displays simultaneously (with the Mac host only for now; Windows support is coming soon. Must be running Air Display 2 host software and Air Display 2 on the extra screens)
• Optimized performance and better energy usage
• Additional display resolution support
If you like Air Display for Mac, please leave a review for each update. Your comments help us prioritize future features and enhancements.
(Note: Air Display for Mac client, available on the Mac App Store, runs on 10.6.6 or later)
Says it is compatible with 10.6.3 or later.
Just flushed 20$ down the crapper.
Can’t you at least tell what is also required to run on iOS?
Bought this pricey app without being told I need to run iOS 6 to install Air Display 2 on my iPad first generation.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2011-2013 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.3 or later