Air Display lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main Mac.
It's easy to use! Just launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it from the free host app on your main Mac, to instantly expand its screen real estate. You can also connect with Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can download that at getairdisplay.com. This is the client app that turns a Mac into a second monitor for another computer.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from GetAirDisplay.com) installed on your main Mac, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, or connected via Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C
• Mac client app: iOS 6 and above
• Mac host: macOS 10.8 and above (macOS 10.13.4–10.13.6 not supported)
• The Air Display Host is not compatible with Windows
• Fixed some stability issues, including a couple of crash bugs
• Built for 64-bit Macs
• Updated the instructions to remove mention of the old Windows host
Be sure to update the host software to the latest version. The host software changes frequently.
Do you like Air Display? Please leave a review in the Mac App Store.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help.
Ratings and Reviews
It works, but very slow and laggy.
I'm using air display to connect a new MBP to a new 21" retina imac as an external display.
It does not use the whole imac display, but instad crates a window with fixed aspect ratio. I am using the external for text only, with no video, etc. It works but is very slow. The mouse hops around with 200ms to 500 ms latency. The image is also not grisp. It looks like it is being interpolated or somethig. Definithely not displaying pixel-for-pixel.
Overall, yes it functions, and it allows me to do my work, but I am dissapointed, and would not buy the software again.
Waste of money!!!!
Bought it to try and mirror my mac with Apple TV. In theory in worked but it's so slow displaying to my ipad it's unusable. It costs $20 for the app on your mac but they don't tell you you need to download the app for your iPad as well, which costs $10. Then I ran into an issue where my mac's login screen would only display in 1024X768. After looking into found out that others had experienced the same issue and fixed it by uninstalling Air Dsplay. Don't buy it, I want my money back.
Can’t you at least tell what is also required to run on iOS?
Bought this pricey app without being told I need to run iOS 6 to install Air Display 2 on my iPad first generation.
- Avatron Software, Inc.
- 2.3 MB
OS X 10.6.3 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Avatron Software, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.