*** Apple Design Award 2017 Winner ***
Airmail 3 is a new mail client designed with performance and intuitive interaction in mind optimized for macOS Mojave!
Support for iCloud™, MS Exchange, Gmail™, Google™ Apps, IMAP, POP3, Yahoo!™, AOL™, Outlook.com™, Live.com™
Airmail was designed from the ground UP to retain the same experience with a single or multiple accounts and provide a quick, modern and easy-to-use user experience. Airmail is clean and allows you to get to your emails without interruption - it's the mail client for the 21st century.
We have taken usability and function to the next level with Airmail and bring a striking-design with support for all major email services. Switch between accounts like a breeze and quick reply to incoming messages within seconds - email has never been so easy and productive.
- iCloud Account sync
- iCloud attachment upload and share the link.
- Handoff support, Composing Draft and folder selection are mirrored on different devices
- Today Extension, quick access to your inbox.
- Action Extension, Airmail Compose, Inline create and send messages directly form other apps
- Action Extension, Airmail Share to quick send messages and attachments.
- Unified Inbox
- Alias with custom SMTP
- Exchange, iCloud™, Gmail™, IMAP, POP3, Google™ Apps, Yahoo!™, AOL™, Outlook.com™, Live.com™
- Local Accounts
- Import from Apple Mail, MBOX archive, EML, EMLX, Airmail 1.x
- Quick Reply
- Undo History
- Offline operations
- Move messages on Different mailboxes
- Interaction sounds
- Multi Touch gestures
- Exchange Meeting Invite
- Gmail Shortcuts
- Custom global shortcuts
- Quick Label, Move, Label and Archive
- Quick folder selection
- Drag and drop
- Quick Look preview
- Google Drive, Dropbox, CloudApp, Box, Onedrive, Droplr, FTP
- Inline image attachments
- Winmail.dat preview
- Group by id
- Group by subject
- Chronological Reverse
- Muted CC’d conversation
- Multiple visual themes
- Minimal and extended Mode
- Plain Text Rendering
- Per account notifications
- Notification center support
- Notification alerts with custom actions
- Gmail, Exchange and OS X contacts
- Contacts Group
- Filter by address
- Open Directory search
- Google App Directory
- Exchange Global Address List
- LDAP directory
- Markdown, Html(Html Source for templates), and text only.
- Custom settings per single account
- Bullet and numbered list.
- Auto CC, BCC.
- Pending operations
- Send Delay
- Send again
- Split Screen Support
- Time Machine friendly
- Deckles mode
- EML Import/Export
- Disable GPU to save battery life
- Activity monitor
- Data Detectors
- Multiple Account Signatures
- Markdown, Rich text, Html Source, and text only.
- Signature above or below the quote
Search & Filtering:
- Global search for multiple accounts
- Realtime powerful filters
- Sort messages, Date, Attachments, Conversations ....
- Show messages of the same user
- Flags and filters
- Nested folders
- Create, Delete and edit folders
- Custom colors synced by iCloud
- Custom folder mappings
- ToDo, Done, Memo
- Apple Reminder
- Per user Autoload Remote Images,
- Disable icon detection
- Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
problems with search
There are many things I like about Airmail and I’m sorry I can’t ultimately recommend it. But the search function is unreliable, and ultimately that’s a deal-breaker. It persistently cannot find emails that I can find using other programs. When it does find them, it doesn’t permit me to respond to or forward an email partway down a chain - I can only forward or respond to the last email on the chain; and if I’m trying to forward an email with attachments that started the chain, I can’t do that, and I can’t forward the attachments. I’m sorry about this because it looks great and has great formatting abilities. But I need it to do those things.
Nice, but no flags
If you use flags in Apple Mail or Spark, like I do, you won’t be able to find them in Airmail.
Here is what Airmail support had to say about flagged emails:
"For now, we do not support flags in Airmail. You can see them in the starred folder. The starred folder in Airmail will show you only those messages which are starred in Airmail and not any other email client or webmail. You can see these (from outside Airmail) starred messages in Inbox but not in the starred folder.”
I was thrilled to try Airmail after the 2017 Apple Design Award it received.
I now regret having bought the apps on iOS and MacOS, so I’m leaving this review to warn others.
Nice app, but deal breaker for me :(
Should be in beta test, not production
Superficially attractive, but too many bugs and inadequacies for production. Airmail should still be in beta, it seems unlikely that they ever did proper beta testing - as opposed to just alpha testing - in the first place.
There’s no user guide, just overworked and inadequate online help, I’d rather look up, read a manual than waste time formulating a concise question to ask.
Big problem with zombie emails, deleted emails don’t always stay deleted. Far too other issues, too many to recount here. I’ve abandoned it in favor of Thunderbird...
- Bloop S.R.L
- 51.2 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bloop 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.