Alberta Health Services
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW! Health Care Locator
Use the locator to find the hospitals, health care facilities, programs and services near you.
* Search by your current location or postal code
* Find any of the approximately 85K options throughout the province
Emergency Department Wait Times & Important Contacts
You can now access real-time estimated wait times for Calgary and Edmonton emergency departments and urgent care centres through the AHS App.
This tool is designed to help Albertans decide where to access care for themselves and their families. Anyone needing emergency care is always reminded to call 911, or to go to the nearest emergency department.
The wait times App estimates how long it takes for patients to be seen by a physician once a triage nurse has assessed them. Wait times do not represent the total time patients may spend at the hospital or urgent care centre, or in line for triage. Please remember, we provide care to the most critical cases first.
The goal is to continue to expand this service to other areas of the province.
• Estimated emergency department and urgent care centre wait times initially for Calgary Zone and Edmonton Zone* facilities, including:
- wait times updated every two minutes
- list view showing all the wait times for the Calgary Zone and Edmonton Zone
- map view showing your current location and the wait times of nearby facilities
- directions to each facility from your current location
• Important contact numbers, including:
- HealthLink: 24/7 health information and advice from registered nurses
- Poison Control (PADIS)
- Mental Health Help Line
- Kids Help Phone
• Fall into the Routine
- Find clinics and times for your annual influenza immunization
• The first of our health tools:
- BMI Calculator
• Share the App – let your friends and family know about the AHS App by notifying them via:
*Note: The estimated wait times will be expanded to the whole province as this information becomes available.
As part of our commitment to providing health information to Albertans, this app is yours. We want to know what content, functionality and features you want out of the Alberta Health Services app. Let us know!
What's New in Version 1.3.5
-Support for 4 inch screen.
I use this app every time anyone in our family is destined for the hospital. Always nice to cut down on time spent in the waiting rooms!
Thanks! Use this app a lot to check on wait times. :)
❤️AWESOME AND VITAL APP❤️‼️
This is a GREAT APP❤️‼️ A 'MUST HAVE' for ANY parent! And well........ just EVERYONE‼️ 😊❤️ It is essential to have as all the important numbers/contacts/programs are all at your fingertips at a moments notice! It also gives you the 'approximate' wait times at the local hospitals which is absolutely great too! It gives you a rough idea how long the wait time is at any given local hospital and gives you the opportunity to know which one is the best bet to get in sooner (when you're in a lot of pain or in a very serious emergency situation, every micro-second counts!). Very, VERY valuable App for any iPhone user! Well, any human who knows how to work a cellphone! It is very 'User-Friendly' so to navigate within the App is very easy & quick. A definite 'Must Have'‼️ I do have one suggestion to the Developers tho, if possible, it would be great if you could add a 'search' bar in the 'programs' contact directory, it would make it a lot easier to go thru all the hundreds of programs 😊 I know I would L❤️VE it!😊
Thank you sooooo much for developing such a great & important App! AWESOME & VITAL App! 😊😊😊😊❤️‼️
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 16, 2014
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alberta Health Services
- © Alberta Health Services
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.