AmpKit transforms your Mac into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
Includes 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics. Effects include various overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger. Add up 30 pedals per setup for near-infinite tone possibilities. 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
"AmpKit: The Best App for Guitarists Comes to Mac"
"It's everything I liked about the iPhone and iPad versions, bigger and with all of the settings more easily accessible on one panel."
- Brett Terpstra, TUAW.com
• All AmpKit gear is accurately modeled after highly-sought-after, real-world guitar gear
• Thunderously accurate high gain amps & effects
• Enhanced high-fidelity simulation to deliver the ultimate in realistic tone on both clean & high-gain setups
• Intuitive and easy-to-use, with authentic visuals and full Retina display support on the new MacBook Pros
• Outstanding 64-bit performance on any Mac running OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, including MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, for ultra-portable operation
• Takes advantage of great OS X features such as Multi-Touch gestures, Full-Screen mode, sharing via email or AirDrop, and Quick Look
• Power users will love AmpKit's multiple UI panels and multi-display support
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with non-destructive re-amping
• World-class bass amplification with 3 feature-rich bass amps
• Jam along with any of AmpKit's 23 included backing tracks or add your own including iTunes music
• Built-in high-precision tuner and metronome
• Works with virtually any analog or digital guitar interface
• renamed some amps, cabs and pedals
Ratings and Reviews
Complete lack of customer support
I bought this app about a week ago, hoping to experiment with some new tones for my guitars.
Unfortunately, if you own a MacBook that doesn’t have a line in jack, you’re going to have a bad time. None of the many USB sound cards I tried worked at all, for input nor output, even though Logic Pro X had absolutely no issues with them. AmpKit registered the USB devices as present, but couldn't use them no matter how many settings variations I tried.
I contacted customer support on their website, offering to help them debug the problem immediately after purchasing this app. However, I received no response, even though they said they’ll get back to me in 24 hours. I emailed them too, and tweeted to their @agilepartners account, and still no reply. Nobody’s saying anything after almost a week.
50$ isn’t a great deal for an app with zero customer support. I’m not looking for a refund, I just want to be able to use this app as it’s advertised.
Powerful App At A Great Price!
I've only had time to check out the app in general since it's only now been released, but even with this, it's clear that AmpKit is a wonderful piece of software. From all of the presets, to being able to customize any setup any way you want, to being able to record, makes this is a powerful & full featured app.
Frankly, I think AmpKit is a bargain at the price and is as good as some of the more expensive software packages available. As for trying to do this with the physical counterparts of this equipment modeled here, it would coast anyone a small fortune!
The only complaint I have, if I'm not mistaken, is that I can't use this to connect to my new iRig Stomp pedal which I use for my iOS devices. I wish that would be enabled.
I'm very excited to really get to know, use, customize & record with this app in the coming weeks.
good price, but that's it
Nice price for the sound, when compare to other apps like guitar rigs. but it lacks some fundamental features such as slows down tracks or compatibility with logic pro.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.