** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPhone expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPad. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
• Support for iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone Xs Max
• Added Ableton Link support
• Fixes to inter-app audio and Audiobus support
• The current state of the app is now preserved on restart
• Minor UI fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Seabord by Roli
One of the musical apps i use often. Very permissive to play crazy sounds.
Recently i buyed a seabord controler from Roli. It support the midi but when connected on the Animoog it select the note subtain button and there is no way to switch it off... i just wish u could fix that bug to make i can use the controler with it.
Make this a universal app like everyone else...
I own a 3rd gen iPad and a 4th gen touch, had choice to either have a lower res app on both devices for 10$, or to pay 10$ extra to have the same interface, functionality except the keys are wider on the iphone version, and i prefer it that way. The iPad version was 19.99$ at the time i purchased the iPhone version, and it was not even mentioned to be on sale. It is 29,99$ now if you didn't see...
Good grief i wish my friends had bought it for me when it was $.99...
Great synth, but it keeps running in the background after you close it (even when not using AudioBus or inter-app audio). I played with it for 30 seconds and it ended up wasting 20% of my battery doing absolutely nothing. Make sure you force quit the app every time you close it. Minus 2 stars until it's fixed.
- Moog Music Inc.
- 26.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- BASE Pack Free
- Devine Expansion Pack $5.49
- MIDI Expansion Pack $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.