Another World - 20th Anniversary
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: The game is not full screen on iPhone 5
Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
- AN IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE WITH UNIQUE STORYTELLING
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.
- 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR IPHONE & IPAD
• Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
• New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
• 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
• 100% remastered Sounds and FX
• Game Center with 13 achievements
• 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- CURIOUS? More info on:
What's New in Version 1.4
Display bugs fixed
I remember how popular this game was when it originally came out back in 1991. The updated graphics are lovely, but unfortunately, the game itself doesn't translate well to the touchscreen medium. The controls are clunky and unresponsive, which makes many parts of the game incredibly frustrating, as fine precision and quick responses are required to get past the challenges. Often, the game gives you no indication on what course of action you should take in order to proceed. I don't expect games to hold my hand, but there's no fun in trial and error. For example, at one point you have to roll through some air ducts, and there's no way to tell which is the right way and which way leads to a long drop and death. You've just got to keep trying over and over, watching the same death animation again and again. That's not fun -- it's frustrating.
Could be better
Needs a better save mode in game, and controls are not the easiest to use.
Perfect Port of one of my favourite games!
Controls are amazing!
Great job guys!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 09, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: DotEmu
- Another World 20th Anniversary © 2011 Eric Chahi, Digital Lounge. Developed and published by DotEmu. "Another World" and "Out Of This World" are registered trademarks of Eric Chahi. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.