Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the fun as you test your appraisal skills on actual antiques brought to ROADSHOWS across the USA. The app incorporates only real antiques, photos, item histories and values, as appraised on the TV series. Your purchase supports PBS and ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
Collect hundreds of virtual antiques and win bragging rights as an “Antiques Master” by scouring family heirlooms, yard sale bargains, estate sales, and long-lost items salvaged from attics and basements. As with the TV series, expert appraisers reveal fascinating insights about your finds, giving you the edge next time you trade antiques, whether virtual or real!
* Hundreds of antiques to discover from locations across the USA – collectibles, paintings, pottery, porcelain, jewelry, furniture, clocks, arms and militaria, photos and prints, glassware, manuscripts, and more!
* Simulated appraisal where you guess and learn the actual value.
* Detailed item descriptions and pictures (with ability to zoom in).
* Dozens of unique challenges to unlock and win bonus points.
* A scoring system that gives you the chance to become a top appraiser.
* Facebook Connect for posting your best finds.
* Experienced appraisers can unlock “free play” mode and scoop up more antiques, including rare items!
* A “collector’s log” shows you photos, descriptions and values for each antique you’ve collected.
The app is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
ABOUT THE TV SERIES
Part adventure, part history lesson, and part treasure hunt, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW brings in specialists from the country's leading auction houses — Bonhams and Butterfields, Christie's, Doyle New York, Skinner and Sotheby's — and independent dealers from across the nation to offer free appraisals of antiques and collectibles.
Funding for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is provided by Liberty Mutual and Subaru. Additional funding is provided by public television viewers.
Find ANTIQUES ROADSHOW online at www.pbs.org/antiques.
What's New in Version 1.2
You can now easily shop multiple stores within a city when trying to complete challenges.
* Provides better access to view the items and zoom in.
* Improves legibility of text content.
* Various other enhancements.
If you like the show I think you will like this game. If you're into antiques and learning a bit then you should get this app. Plus the money goes to PBS so that's a good cause. It is not for "gamers" though, that's for sure. It's just pleasant. Yah, that's a good word for it! It's nicely designed too!
Fun game, but...
The game is really fun if you enjoy the show, but I have had the game for some time and am still waiting for the " new city " the tour guide hints at , at the end. Please update soon, I have played It twice now, and in free play.
Played it...short & interesting..not worth the fee for what I got
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 22, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 141 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2011 WGBH Educational Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.