AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy & paste them from another source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for Mac & AnyList for the Web. Use AnyList on your Mac or PC.
• AnyList for Apple Watch. Quickly access your lists on your wrist.
• Recipe Web Import. Save recipes you find on the web to AnyList
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals and shopping for the coming week.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• Recipe Scaling. Quickly scale ingredient quantities up or down.
• Item Prices. Stick to your budget by adding prices to items.
• Stores & Filters. Assign items to stores and quickly filter your list by store.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• Location-Based Reminders. Get reminders when near a store or other location.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: email@example.com
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
AnyList v5.10 adds the ability to send a recipe via email or AirDrop to other people who also use AnyList. In the case of email, a file is attached to the email that can be tapped to import the recipe into AnyList. In the case of AirDrop, the other person will see a prompt on their device to import the recipe.
AnyList v5.10 also adds a new list setting to control the position of newly added items. Previously they were always added at the bottom, now they can optionally be added at the top. To change this, open List Settings, then go to the "Insert New Items" setting.
AnyList v5.10 also adds the ability to filter favorite items by store.
AnyList v5.10.1 includes minor bug fixes.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for using AnyList!
Ratings and Reviews
Must upgrade to a subscription in order to use watch
First, a subscription makes no sense for this app. Second the subscription is ridiculously priced. And third, you can’t even use this on your watch without the subscription. Useless App.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about the trouble.
There are a couple of reasons why AnyList Complete is priced as a subscription rather than a one time purchase.
First, we must pay ongoing, monthly expenses for servers and bandwidth to provide people with the following functionality:
- Backing up everything associated with their accounts, including item and recipe photos.
- Syncing lists and recipes, including photos, between devices (e.g., iPhone and iPad).
- Operating AnyList for the Web, the web-based version of the app.
There is also ongoing maintenance associated with the Recipe Web Import feature, since we must react when recipe sites change their layouts, implement support for new sites, and so forth.
Since we must pay these ongoing expenses in order to provide people with service, we charge on an ongoing basis, in the form of a subscription.
Second, our goal is to build a sustainable business, so we can continue working on and improving the app indefinitely. With a one time purchase, if someone purchases and uses the app for 4 or 5 years, then we only ever get paid once. This means that the only way to make enough money to continue improving the app is to constantly find new people to pay, instead of focusing on making the app better for people who already use and like the app.
In other words, the $8-12 / year isn’t just paying for the current features you get, but is also making it possible for us to add more useful functionality, which will be available to you in the coming months and years. Without the revenue we generate from AnyList Complete subscriptions, we would have gone out of business long ago, and never would have been able to build an Apple Watch app in the first place.
Apps that charge on a one-time basis are often abandoned by their developers after a few years, because once customers have made their initial purchase, the developer can't make any more money, so they have no ability or incentive to continue working on it.
I totally understand the hesitation around subscriptions, but I hope this helps to explain our motivations.
One additional thing I’ll mention is that the subscription does not automatically renew, so people never need to worry about forgetting to cancel the subscription.
I was a dedicated user of Grocery Gadget until the dev abandoned it. Tried countless shopping apps but nothing compared so I settled for iOS Reminders. Unfortunately, Reminders is so limited and the main reason I used it was for Siri in conjunction with my watch and HomePod.
With AnyList, I can still use Siri but I can also use Alexa! Organization ability is great, you can make the lists your own!
I noticed a comment where someone was complaining about the subscription cost. This really surprises me as it is only around 90 cents a month!! There are shopping apps that I tested where they charge $50-$60 a year, $11 is nothing!! Surprises me people expect so much for free and don't realize what the devs have to pay for to get you quality apps like this one.
As close to perfection as you can get
This app is brilliant. It does absolutely everything you might need to with grocery lists (grab online recipes, extract ingredients list, organize by location and ingredient type, etc.) in a perfectly intuitive and smooth flow. Goodbye to generic list apps for food shopping!
- Purple Cover, Inc.
- 48.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 Purple Cover, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription $13.99
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Family Subscription $20.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.