'Aphasia' refers to a set of language challenges, from difficulty reading to difficulty finding the right words to say. The Aphasia Education app plays like a game, but was designed with the help of speech language pathologists who wanted a tool to help care providers learn to interact with individuals with aphasia. The goal of the app is to teach you about some of the challenges that these individuals face, and how they -- with your help! -- can overcome them effectively.
*** SUPPORT ***
To report a problem with the app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*** CANASSIST at the UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA ***
CanAssist at the University of Victoria is dedicated to developing customized technologies for individuals with disabilities and their care providers. While most CanAssist programs focus on clients in British Columbia, Canada, CanAssist has recently begun making its assistive software technologies more widely available.
- Added the ability to reset the app, so that a new player can play through each scenario from scratch
- Added a “Hints” feature that lists recommended communication strategies
- Improved scenario descriptions in order to provide more context
- Improved normalization of text-to-speech rate between different devices and versions of iOS
- Most UI text respects device-wide font size (i.e., can be increased/decreased as desired)
- UI elements have a more native look and feel
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.