ARIS is a tool for making location based games, stories and Art.
People all over the world are creating content for ARIS using an easy online authoring tool.
Join us at http://arisgames.org
- Use GPS, iBeacons and QR Codes to link to virtual characters, items, panoramics, HTML5 apps and media
- Create and Place virtual Items that can be picked up by players, exchanged, used and moved around in a persistent AR world.
- Author virtual characters that talk with your players, giving them information, exchanging items and responding to their choices.
- Design Quests for players to find particular information/items, talk with characters and collect media recordings at particular locations.
-Connect the game into outside systems using web hooks, arduinos, flash apps etc.
This project was created with support from:
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW Madison)
- MacArthur Foundation
- The New Learning Institute
- The Pearson Foundation
- Minnesota Historical Society
- The Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Initiative
- The Wisconsin Department for Public Instruction
- New option for viewing plaques as full screen web pages
- All web content can access ARIS media directly via "arismedia://[media ID]"
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.