Welcome to Audible. We’re an Amazon company, and home to an unmatched selection of audio books.
Turn any time into storytime: listen to your favourite stories anywhere, on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Speed through your commute with a thriller, fuel your next training session with facts, find yourself transported into a realm of romance and intrigue, while your carpet gets cleaner than ever before. With Audible, the possibilities are endless.
Listen to best sellers:
•The Girl on the Train
•The Handmaid's Tale
•Truly, Madly, Guilty
•The Power of Habit
•A Man Called Ove
•When Breath Becomes Air
•End of Watch
A wide range of popular categories like:
•Crime and Thrillers
•Mindfulness and meditation
Features designed for the audiobook listener:
• Chapter navigation
• Listen over wifi, save on data
• Download to your device for offline listening
• Sleep mode, dark or light theme, variable narration speed, button-free mode and more
• Take your Audible books with you on Apple Watch Series 1 or higher: Sync your Audible titles from your iPhone and play them from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Rewind, pause or set a sleep timer from your watch.
Supports Audible.ca, Audible.com, Audible.com.au, Audible.co.jp, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.it, and Audible.fr
Let us help you at www.audible.ca/help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_ca
• It's now easier than ever to share using the standard iOS sharing menu
• We've made numerous improvements for our VoiceOver users, including making download and sync progress accessible
• When connecting to CarPlay, you'll now be brought directly to your library instead of needing to tap it every time
• It's now more convenient to rate and review Audio Shows when you're done listening
• Fixed a bug where resuming playback of a book via Control Center would cause the book to automatically pause again a second later
• Fixed some localization issues in Discover and Library
• Fixed some issues that would occur when switching between Light and Dark theme
• Fixed an issue that was affecting a small number of titles when playing on SONOS that would cause the skip forward/back actions to not work correctly
• Old periodicals that you're no longer subscribed to will no longer appear in your library
• Fixed a crash that would occur for signed in users when downloading an excerpt
• Fixed a rare crash when viewing the list of chapters for certain titles
• Fixed a crash when trying to play content on the Apple Watch when the paired iPhone was set to certain languages
• When deleting a book from the Apple Watch, the watch icon now correctly disappears from the same book in your library
• Deleting a book from the Apple Watch while it's playing now actually deletes the book
We're constantly striving to make your Audible experience better. If you have feedback or face any issues, please reach out to us at audible-ca.custhelp.com or on Twitter at @audible_ca.
Ratings and Reviews
A must have app!
Audible makes my daily commute more enjoyable and helps me complete mundane tasks with ease while escaping to fantastic fictional worlds or learning from all-stars and their non-fiction guides to business, mind, body, and soul! I can remember what life was like before Audible...
Listen and read?
Audible is good app for listening to books. It would be nice to be able to read (view the words) at the same time you listen. I initially got the app for my granddaughter who finds comprehension a great deal easier when she can listen to the material. However, if read it at the same time, it is going to help her overall. In that way it would be a helpful educational tool. However, if one does purchase the print version on Amazon, Audible offers a substantial discount for the same book. Most of Audible versions have recently increased to ($7.49 - for books that have already been purchased on Amazon... they were $3.99 on average). Some are as little as 99 cents.
For entertainment, Audible is great. I much rather listen to a book when driving, when house cleaning and trying to go to sleep. Audible customer service is great and their exchange policy, top notch.
I am frustrated, however. I'm from Canada & Audible.ca just started. That part is fantastic because the cost will be in CDN $ not USD. That will save me. What is frustrating is that to access my original library, I have to change marketplaces to do so. And that is NOT seamless. It is NOT even easy. There is supposed to be a easily accessible icon to click. There isn't . In fact, I have to go thru emails sent to me from each version of the app to get to the right place. Please fix this Audible (.com and .ca)! Thank you
It should not be this difficult to BUY something from a company. I should be able to make purchases inside the app or at least click a button that would take me directly to an outside URL where I can pay for the item I want.
Will delete app after listening to a podcast series only on Audible.
- Audible, Inc.
- 89.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.