The Avid® Scorch® app transforms your iPad mobile device into an interactive music stand, score library, and sheet music store. With this powerful app, viewing beautiful scores is just the beginning.
Thanks to the award-winning Sibelius® engine, Scorch generates interactive notation. Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument—then give a great performance using Music Stand mode. Whether you want to showcase your own music or purchase scores from world-class publishers, Scorch is the easy way to practise and perform your favourite sheet music on the go.
• Get started right away with included content and how-to material
• View your own Sibelius or Sibelius First scores and lead sheets—plus chart-toppers, classics, and other premium content from a variety of world-class publishers
• Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument by transposing a score, changing instruments, or converting to and from guitar tab
• Display individual parts to remove distraction and focus solely on your instrument
• See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display
• Hear your score by playing it back with sampled instrument sounds
• Mix your score to suit your needs
• Give a great performance and easily turn pages in Music Stand mode
• Increase contrast and make music more legible by changing the text and paper texture
• Enjoy working with the sleek, intuitive user interface
• Send files to Scorch from apps such as Dropbox or Mail
• Publish your own music and sell it in the Scorch Store (requires Sibelius or Sibelius First)
• Make secure, one-touch in-app purchases through your iTunes account
• Find help quickly and easily with the online FAQs and support forum
View and Play Beautiful Scores
Scorch is the convenient, elegant way to keep your Sibelius scores with you wherever you go. Get started quickly and easily with the intuitive touch-screen interface and included content. Choose from a variety of paper textures and font choices, and view your scores with stunning clarity. You can also hear your compositions by playing them back with sampled instruments—and that’s just the beginning.
Learn, Rehearse, and Perform
Scorch makes it easy to learn and practise by adapting scores to your needs. Transpose the music to play in a key that’s more comfortable for you or your vocalist, change instruments, or convert to and from guitar tab. See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display. Focus solely on your instrument and remove other parts to eliminate distraction. Then when you’re ready to perform, engage Music Stand mode to turn pages quickly and stay in the moment.
Join the Community
Scorch is your ticket into a huge online community of sheet music providers and enthusiasts. The in-app store provides unparalleled access to the most popular sheet music from the world’s top publishers—including over 150,000 premium titles from Hal Leonard and Music Sales. Browse and purchase sheet music within the application, and enjoy the simplicity and security of using your existing iTunes account. You can also publish your Sibelius and Sibelius First scores and sell them to others.
The Professional Choice
The world’s leading composers, arrangers, copyists, publishers, and educators trust Sibelius notation software to create beautiful scores quickly. Powered by the award-winning Sibelius engine, Scorch is the full-featured, professional way to learn, practise, and perform sheet music on the go.
Synthesizer and wavetables licensed from Crimson Technology, Inc.
Support for scores created in Sibelius 2018.4
Ratings and Reviews
Missing in action
Although this app displays a score it does so more as a pdf so that if one enlarges to a size one likes, the score is cut off and is not helpful when trying to follow. It would be better if there was an auto-wrap feature like enlarging the font on a word processor. Also when 'playing' it would be useful if the marker scrolled when an enlarge view played out of range of the visible screen. The interface is too spare and it is hard to figure out how to get out of full screen mode. Needs some work to be useful.
Unacceptable effort in the digital age!
unhip to the hilt! The songs proposed as a sampler certainly don't correspond to anything I would want to play except Django which you've managed to marginalize and ridicule. No automatic page changing? The app should take care of that! Are you sure this is for the Ipad? By the way, the app was a little bugged, the chart would actually disappear at times.
When you read that you can modify your Sibelius scores, don't be fooled: this is NOT an editor of any kind. I can see that it could make a good sheet music reader, and when you load in a Sibelius score, it looks good in this app. However, if you want the app to play your score, the only decent sample is the piano sound. The other instrument samples are terrible. And there is very little in the way of scores that can be purchased through the app's online store.
- Avid Technology Inc
- 121.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Avid Technology, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Scorch Score $5.49
- Scorch Score $2.79
- Scorch Score $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.