This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to a new Backgammon game for the iPhone and iPod Touch called Gammon. In this game, you use the unique touch interface to roll dice and move your pieces. Some features include:
- Rich and vivid visuals and style
- One or two players
- Adaptive computer AI for all skill levels
- Simple touch-based interface
- Visual indicators make it easier to find where to drop your piece
- Wide selection range for those of us with a larger finger
- Fast and smooth animation
Although this game is very basic, at least the dice arent rigged, you don't need to shake your phone to roll and the pips are easy to move. I gave it but 4 stars because IMO it could benefit from a few more options and some nicer graphics. Nonetheless the only playable backgammon app available at present.
No undo button is a show stopper. Can end up in a deadlock scenario and the app is not smart enough to detect that there's no way out other than forfeiting the game.
I tink a 2 player mode and an undo button could be a great idea.