Batman: Arkham City GOTY
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Dark Knight descends.
One of the “Best Games of 2013” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
• Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
• Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham in the best superhero adventure ever to come to the Mac.
• Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
• Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
• Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground; deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
• Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
• Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
• Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
• Challenge your friends' scores and compare achievements with Apple's Game Center (requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 16GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmac
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® Engine, copyright 1998-2012 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal, Unreal Technology and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2012 Scaleform Corporation. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2012 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s12)
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Displays a dialog allowing cancellation of a stalled attempt to log in to GameCenter
v.1.1.1 is broken!!!
The latest update totally broke the game. It doesn’t get past the opening logo before crashing. I’ve tried re-installing, re-starting, turning off wi-fi, signing out and in of game centre, and it’s very clear this is port/OS issue. I’m running an MBP 15” Retina, so there’s no reason this game shouldn’t work. In the last 2 years of owning, it’s only ever crashed once, so this new issue is definitely a game issue. Feral support are not very helpful, and seem to be ok with fooling the customer into thinking that’s it’s the user’s problem, not theirs. The latest update details even state specifically that it was meant to address a crashing issue. Nice work.
[This game is still amazing, even after having played parts of Arkham Knight - obviously the visuals are getting to be slightly dated, but since they were second to none at the time, they still hold up well. Once, MAYBE twice ever, the game has crashed, but patches have been pushed out relatively quickly. One time, there was a weird texture pop-in issue where an entire segment of the city map wasn’t properly loaded, but I think it had more to do with the fact that I had closed my macbook while the game was running, and sleeping your computer while playing a game is basically like spinning a child in circles for 5 minutes and telling them to walk a tight-rope - there’s a remote chance you’ll get the result you want, but you’re insane if you get mad for it not working out.
That reminds me - to all you “reviewers” who can’t get the game to run well. If your system specs are the bare minimum, you can expect the game to run poorly. Turn the graphics and resolution settings way down and you should be fine, otherwise, stop complaining. If the game keeps crashing for you, but no one else, it’s probably less to do with the game, and more to do with the state of your own machine. Do a clean install. Check for malware. Do any number of things before you angrily write a review that helps no one. You won’t get any feedback or learn anything from writing something on the app store. Google it.
My final thoughts - a lot of people dismiss the Arkham games because they are about a superhero, and those types of games don’t have the best trackrecord. If you’ve never played an Arkham series game, spend the money, and buy both this one, and Arkham Asylum - then if you have the oppurtunity, try Arkham Knight for Xbox One/PS4. These are some of the best games ever made, no joke.]
Loved this game. Bought a gamepad to go with it. Bought Arkham Asylum. Feral updated this gaema and it’s 100% broken on a 2012 Macbook Pro running El Capitan. Launches, logo/splash comes up and it crashes. Repeat as many times as desired.
The sad thing is it’s still listed for sale. It should either be fixed or pulled, as the release notes mention nothing of this.
The sadder thing is that Arkham Asylum still plays—Feral probably knows what the problem is, they’re just not addressing it *here.*
Same complaints exist at Steam, where the game is also available.
Quits before even opening the game
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 08, 2016
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 11.46 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later