Batman Arkham City GOTY
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Dark Knight descends.
One of the “Best Games of 2013” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
• Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
• Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham in the best superhero adventure ever to come to the Mac.
• Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
• Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
• Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground; deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
• Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
• Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
• Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
• Challenge your friends' scores and compare achievements with Apple's Game Center (requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 16GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmac
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® Engine, copyright 1998-2012 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal, Unreal Technology and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2012 Scaleform Corporation. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2012 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s12)
What's New in Version 1.1
• Adds support for the new NVIDIA 780M iMac.
• Adds support for additional gamepads.
• Fixes bug where some cutscenes would play with sound if the game's volume was set to “0”.
• Fixes "lost save game" issue experienced by some customers.
Great Game and an Amazingly Smooth Port!
Having played this game on the PS3, I can say, without a doubt, that the game has been very carefully ported over to the Mac. The visuals are stunning, the gameplay is very smooth. The game also supports console controllers. I’ve played the game with a PS3 controller long enough to say that it runs incredibly smooth and the user won’t go wrong using either a mouse and keyboard or a controller. As for the game itself, it is just incredible. I’ve been a huge fan of the Arkham games, Arkham City being my favourite. I would say that if you’re a fan of the Arkham games and your Mac is capable of handling this game, it is a MUST BUY!
beautiful game, great port
Thanks to Feral for porting this game to Mac! Quite a steal at half price! I love how the world is open and the stories aren’t linear. There are so many characters but the game balances them nicely. The game runs great on my 2013 27” iMac with only the occasional stutter. My only beef is that it’s use of the third mouse button didn’t work correctly at first with my Logitech mouse. Even Feral’s instructions didn’t work. I ended up having to tell the mouse driver to assign the middle button as “button 3” and then it worked. I will definitely be looking at other Feral games, especially the other Batman game they did.
Great Gamplay and Story Implementation, Lame Dialogue
I lolve the gameply and storyline. It provides hours of entertainment for the Batman fan. Something that consistenly upsets me about this Batman franchise is how horribly the female characters are written, the dramatic oversexualizing, and also how horrible the dialogue towards the female characters is. It is a shame becasue they are among the more interesting characters. Problematic, yes. Good game? Yes. I wish there was more interaction with the environment aside from scrambling about searching for riddler trophies. As long as you’re within the story though it holds your attention wonderfully.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 25, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 11.46 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later