Access visual assistance on demand, if you are blind or visually impaired, or lend your eyes to the blind or visually impaired if you are sighted.
Be My Eyes is all about connecting blind or visually impaired with sighted volunteers, to help the blind or visually impaired lead more independent lives. Benefiting and contributing to the community is easy.
Blind or visually impaired users can request help from a sighted volunteer, who will receive a notification. As soon as the first sighted user accepts the request, a live audio-video connection will be established between the two parts. The sighted helper can now assist the blind or visually impaired, through the video connection from the blind or visually impaired user’s rear-facing camera.
As a sighted user, you are part of the big Be My Eyes volunteer-network, so don’t worry about leaving a blind person hanging, if you are not able to answer a request. We will simply forward the request and find the next available volunteer.
The blind or visually impaired user can need help with anything from knowing the expiry date on the milk, to making sure that their clothes match.
- Live audio-video connection between blind or visually impaired and sighted users
- 90 % of calls answered within 30 seconds
- Add the languages you speak in settings
- An easy way to make a difference for blind or visually impaired people
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Translated into even more languages
We release updates regularly and we're always looking for ways to make things better. If something is not working, if you have a great idea, or if you just want to say hello, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!
Be My Eyes will not prompt you for a review. If you feel generous or have a couple of minutes, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance.
Ratings and Reviews
Pair up with visually impaired users, be their eyes and help them in times of need.
To visually challenged: don’t be shy; ask.
I have provided assistance a total of three times. I would be happy if I had more opportunities to help. As a sighted person my message is: use this as though you were just casually asking a sighted friend standing next to you for assistance. The ratio of sighted to non on this app is so high in favour of the sighted that no request can be a burden; if a ring is inconvenient it just gets passed instantly to the next willing volunteer.
Fabulous way to be helpful
This app is great. It makes it easy and convenient to help others out. There are so many helpful people that if you are busy someone will pick it up quickly, so no pressure (in fact, you need to pick up pretty quick when the app signals, if you want to answer a request).
Keep up the great work!
- S/I Be My Eyes
- 115.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Be My Eyes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.