Plant a garden that butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees will love as much as you!
The BeeSmart™ Pollinator Gardener is your comprehensive guide to selecting plants for pollinators specific to your area. Never get caught wondering what plants to buy again!
With the BeeSmart™ Pollinator Gardener’s easy user interface, browse through a database of nearly 1,000 native plants. Filter your plants by what pollinators you want to attract, light and soil requirements, bloom color, and plant type.
This is an excellent plant reference to attract bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, beetles, bats, and other pollinators to the garden, farm, school and every landscape.
• Nearly 1,000 pollinator friendly plants native to the United States.
• Customizable plant lists based on your preferences including pollinator type, flower color, soil type, sunlight and plant type.
• Regionally specific plant lists based on the geographical and ecological attributes of your location (your ecoregion) just by entering your zip code!
• A wide variety of perennials, annuals, trees, shrubs, and vines to browse.
• An easy to use search option for querying on common or botanical plant names.
• Colorful plant images.
• Star your favorite plants to make smaller, customized lists.
• Once you’ve created your customized plant list, simply bring it to a nursery or garden center – never forget what to buy or plant again!
BeeSmart™ Pollinator Gardener app is brought to you by the nonprofit organization, the Pollinator Partnership.
The Pollinator Partnership is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization-- the largest organization in the world dedicated exclusively to the protection and promotion of pollinators and their ecosystems. Birds, bats, bees, butterflies, beetles, and other small mammals that pollinate plants are responsible for bringing us one out of every three bites of food. They also sustain our ecosystems and produce our natural resources by helping plants reproduce. Unfortunately they are in trouble. Some species have seen a 90% decline in their populations over the last decade. Without the actions of pollinators agricultural economies, our food supply, and surrounding landscapes would collapse.
Updates in version 1.6.2
- Updated support for 64bit
- Updated UI Elements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
If your an American. You need a zip code so until the developers tell you they’ve included Canada in their app, a country to their North, with more natural resources then they have, I’d pass on this app.
Doesn’t work with Canadian zip codes
Crash and no support for Canada.
Crashes anytime I click options from the home menu. Also, disappointed there’s no support for Canadian users.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.