Bike Maps shows you bike routes, lanes, and trails everywhere in the world. Whether you’re commuting to work, exploring your local neighbourhoods, or planning a round-the-world tour, this app will help you find a good route to ride.
• DETAILED MAPS include bicycle routes, elevation and hills, businesses and amenities, transit stations, and more.
• TURN-BY-TURN VOICE DIRECTIONS for bicycle-friendly routes from point A to point B via dedicated bicycle trails, bike lanes, quiet residential streets, etc. Find out the total distance of a route so you can also use it as a ride-planning tool.
• RIDE TRACKING saves the GPS path of your route, and shows your current speed and distance as you go.
• OFFLINE MAPS let you use the app without a cell signal by downloading map regions before your ride.
• REVIEW PAST RIDES on the map and share them as an image, GPX file, or direct to your Strava account.
Cities with the most extensive maps of cycling facilities are:
CANADA: Calgary, Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
AUSTRALIA: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
AUSTRIA: Graz, Wien
BELGIUM: Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent
CZECH REPUBLIC: Brno, Ostrava, Prague
FINLAND: Espoo, Helsinki
FRANCE: Brest, Lyon, Nantes, Paris, Toulouse, Strasbourg
GERMANY: Berlin, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Köln, München, Stuttgart
NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam, Den Haag, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Utrecht
NORWAY: Oslo, Trondheim
SWEDEN: Århus, Gothenburg, Stockholm
UNITED KINGDOM: Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Nottingham
UNITED STATES: Austin, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Washington DC
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life when using the ride-tracking and directions features.
You can now mute audio directions — Happy biking!
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't use bike paths
I bought this app as I was looking for a map that would use the designated bike paths for mapping the route in Vancouver BC. Even after selecting Bike Paths as preferred in the route option, none of the ride got mapped on a bike path. I get this with the free Google Maps; I thought this would use the bike paths. Don't buy!
Need more fearures
Good view of the bike paths in the region. Need more fonction that other apps has...
When planing an itinerary, I add up jonction points to make up my route, but can’t seem to be able to save the new itinerary...
Can you add this feature please?
I have had a chance to use this app twice now in rural Nova Scotia, and it works well. I haven't had a chance to test it in the City. I like the interface that draws the route, and the calculation of the time and average speed. It doesn't include some other info. that my more general GPS app has, but it's more convenient to use. The bike paths I used and major terrain features were accurately depicted. When I first used it I thought it wouldn't download any map, but it did after a while - the author should include that in the instructions. I would like some kind of a reminder to turn it off after I put my bike back on the car and drove 20km. - that came up as part of the bike route! (My fault though). Overall a useful app., and I have recommended it to others in my cycling group.
- Pathym Corp.
- 41.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Pathym Corp.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.