By BitTorrent, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sync lets you share your files directly from device to device without using the cloud. Sync photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, and more with unlimited sharing capacity and no folder size limits.
Sync links your devices with a private identity, which means your information is never stored on servers in the cloud. Sync skips the cloud to keep your data secure and transfers files up to 16x faster.
On-demand access to all of the synced folders on your Mac, PC, or NAS device allows you to sync your files only when you need them to save space on your iOS device.
• Access your folders and files from your iOS device.
• Add photos, videos, docs, and PDFs from your iOS device to any of your synced folders.
• Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer to protect your memories.
• Files are encrypted in-flight to keep them private and protected.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
• Take a picture of a QR code to easily connect to folders on other devices.
• Sync large folders on-demand.
Sync 2.0 introduces lots of great features:
• Ability to cancel pending file transfers.
• Back up your linked devices in two taps.
• Change which devices you back up to at any time.
• Peer list of connected devices visible for each folder.
• View details for each folder including size, number of files, last synced date, and other helpful info.
• Updated user interface and performance improvements.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
What's New in Version 2.0.27
• Fixed an issue that would cause the app to crash on iOS 7 when viewing certain file types
• Fixed an issue where sometimes files cannot be opened
Great program that syncs all your stuff between any device fast and efficiently and you don't have to give up your privacy by storing it in some cloud or cyber locker service!
Can easily avoid pass code
I love this app, but it has some flaws such as no thumbnails and some security issues. You can easily gain access to files even if you have a pass code set and your device is locked. This can be done by plugging the device into any computer running certain Linux based operating systems (I've tested on Debian and Ubuntu) by browsing the app package. I was unable to do this with competing services apps such as Dropbox and OneDrive. Please encrypt the files stores within the app!
It is such a simple interface to complete very power tasks. I am this close to stop using backup software...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 28, 2015
- Version: 2.0.27
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BitTorrent, Inc
- © 2015 BitTorrent, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.