Blackboard Collaborate™ Mobile – Collaborate on your mobile device!
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, you can join web conferencing sessions right from your iPhone or iPad.
IMPORTANT: Use this app with the Original experience of Collaborate. If your institution uses the new Ultra experience of Collaborate, use the Blackboard app. If you aren’t sure which app to use, ask your moderator or institution administrator.
NOTE: This app must be enabled by your institution to function and is free for you to download. To find out if Blackboard Collaborate Mobile is available at your institution check in with your helpdesk or IT department.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can join a live web conference for online classes, meetings, one-on-one tutoring, group projects, office hours, and much more.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can:
• View whiteboard content, including images, presentations and annotations
• View shared applications and desktops
• Communicate with moderators and other participants via two-way video, audio and text chat
• View web tour and multimedia content presented by the moderator.
• Respond to yes/no and multiple-choice polling questions
• Raise their virtual hand for questions or comments
• Use emotions to indicate laughter, confusion, or approval
• View the names, polling responses, and emotions of other session members
• Participate in breakout room sessions
To attend sessions via Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, your institution must have a hosted enterprise Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing license version 12 or higher. Check with your helpdesk or technology department for more details
Now engaging and convenient access to your web conferencing sessions can be as mobile as you are.
• Now supports 64bit architecture
• Now supports iOS8 and above
• Fixed crash of the application when settings page was accessed from the application
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app version better then using it on my computer. its less confusing/overwhelming as an app, it also alows me to use apple head phones intead of the terrible headset i bought from school. the one flaw would be that the app doesnt support video with is a big problem for my course she wants us to be able to see each other which you can in the online version. if it was up to me id rather not be live but she runs the show and video is a must
I am using the new ipad air, Jan 2014 and the app is not working, the same as the comment below. When entering the link into the app, is is then opening the link into Safari (which is not java compatible)...vicious cycle.
Needs a critical update: won't work on future versions of iOS
This app has long been a battery sucking beast. However, now that there is an official warning that it won't work on future versions of iOS, it's absolutely critical that BlackBoard invests in this app and provides a much needed update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.