Brain MRI Atlas
By Joseph Pechter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brain MRI Atlas is a FREE app that allows you to navigate through hundreds of of labeled brain structures. It is designed for all healthcare professionals as an interactive study and reference tool.
- Serial sequential axial T2 FLAIR images of the brain
- Structure labels organized by category
- Slide bar for easy scrolling and random access
- Toggle controls "invisible" with a single touch
- Swiping shifts between images
- Labels are color-coded according to category
If you know some neuroanatomy, this is virtually useless. If don't know neuroanatomy, idem. This is basically a 'draft'. There are much better apps for actually studying the field (Brain Tutor, 3D Brain, BrainView)! Suggestion to developers: implement option for adding color to structures/areas; provide definitions for terms; link to basic literature. Actually, BrainView is an excellent app with MRI images with added color, definitions, linked papers... If the developers want to try a second draft, they should look at the apps I mentioned... But, then, what would be new?