Feeling Depressed? Stressed? Overwhelmed?
If you are ready to start enjoying life again but aren't sure how, BreathingRoom™ might just be what you are looking for.
BreathingRoom™ is an award winning* program packed with new ideas, video clips, true stories, relaxation exercises and easy tools to help you feel better. You'll learn how to cope, release past hurts, and uncover meaning and purpose in your life.
In just a few minutes per day, this 8 part/module program offers easy, practical strategies to better manage life. It is for young adults, aged 13-24, who want to strengthen their existing coping strategies and learn new ways to manage symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety.
If you have an open mind and the courage to try something new, BreathingRoom™ might just be what you need.
The modules include:
• Visualizations to help you relax and take a break from the pressures of life,
• Fresh insights from a medical expert,
• An engaging program host who guides you through the program and shares personal experiences,
• Simple off-line activities to try out the ideas presented,
• Music that expresses emotions we can all relate to,
• Movie and book suggestions,
• True stories of how young people worked through difficult experiences, and
• Jokes to lighten your mood.
BreathingRoom™ was developed by the Canadian Institution of Natural and Integrative Medicine (CINIM) in collaboration with Alberta Health Services, Mount Royal University and the University of Calgary, with input from young people who have struggled with depression. This App was made possible by funders and supporters who shared their passion, expertise and resources to develop, test and implement the BreathingRoom™.
*The success of BreathingRoom™ has led to CINIM being the recipient of the 2014 Lieutenant Governor's Circle on Mental Health and Addictions True Imagination Award for Innovation in mental health and addiction.
We discovered a small bug in user signup - fixed it!
Ratings and Reviews
I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for many years and this app really helped give me new ideas and new ways of thinking! The mastermind sessions you get in each module are incredible and really changed my life!
i paid $5.49 for this and it crashes every time i try and register it crashes!?
I just purchased this app and every time i do sign up it crashes on me. Please fix cause i paid for this app and really want to use. When fixed i will give more stars
- Canadian Institute of Natural and Integrative Medicine
- 61.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Canadian Institute of Natural and Integrative Medicine
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.