By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
# 50% off for a limited time #
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 8
- Document Providers
- iCloud Drive
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
- Fix a crash with iCloud accounts not upgraded to iCloud Drive
Latest update fixes crashes.
(Something is wrong with the last update. It fails to launch.) Latest update fixed the issue. All is well again.
Unable to give new documents a heading. As well, on iPhone 6 in byword settings the page is empty. No settings for Byword except its icon
A default must have app on your IOS device
I have gone through many text editors apps looking for the definitive go to app but there always seems to compromise which slows me down and effects productivity. With Byword there seems to be less resistance in getting any of my writing done. Great UI, Keyboard layout so simple to use and now Handoff which has been a blessing. Now it is so easy to write a document, note, email quickly and move off to my next task very quickly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 18, 2014
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases