From the developer of 'Read by QxMD', 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation clinical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' highlights tools which impact clinical practice either by simplifying diagnosis, clarifying treatment options or displaying prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Point-of-care tools in the areas of cardiology, internal medicine, primary care, nephrology, hematology, hepatology, gastroenterology, emergency medicine, oncology, orthopedics, critical care/ICU, ENT, radiology, rheumatology, mental health, respirology, neurology, pediatrics, infectious disease, neurosurgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, and obstetrics.
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with PubMed & Read integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Imperial units
More than 200 unique calculators and decision support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
• Determine cardiovascular risk using ACC/AHA, Framingham, Gupta and VQI Cardiac Risk Index
• CHADS2 & CHA2DS2-VASc to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Understand bleeding risk in atrial fibrillation using HAS-BLED & OBRI
• TIMI risk score in ACS
• CIWA in alcohol withdrawal
• Rule of 9s & Parkland formula in burns
• Water deficit in hypernatremia
• Timing of surgery with Aortic Stenosis Risk Score
• Risk stratify pneumonia (CURB-65, PORT)
• NIH Stroke Scale in acute stroke
• Imaging in possible subarachnoid hemorrhage with Ottawa SAH Rule
• Cirrhosis (MELD, Child-Pugh)
• Chronic Kidney Disease (Kidney Failure Risk Equation)
• Heart failure
• Lymphoma (NCCN-IPI, IPI24, R-IPI)
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome (IPSS-R, WPSS)
• Myeloma (ISS, R-ISS)
• COPD (Bode)
• Pancreatitis (BISAP, Ranson's)
• Cardiac surgery (Euroscore II, Cleveland Clinic, Mehta)
• Critical care (APACHE II, SOFA)
• Neurologic outcome (DRAGON, CAM-ICU, modified Rankin, FOUR score, Hunt & Hess)
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiography and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-EPI, MDRD & Schwartz
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Breast cancer
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery, vascular surgery and coronary angiography
• Postoperative Respiratory Failure Risk score
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries (NEXUS, Ottawa ankle/knee, Canadian C-spine and CT head rules)
• DVT and PE (PERC, Wells, PESI)
• Pulmonary nodules
• TIA (ABCD2)
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• Head & neck cancers
• TTKG in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
• Sleep disorder (Epworth Sleepiness Scale)
And much, much more...
Researchers, contact us to see your research in our app at email@example.com
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD Software is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
- minor UI updates
- bug fix when fetching updates for some items
Ratings and Reviews
Turn for the Worse
Very hard to use in ER now because there is a popup asking you to make an account every single time the app launches. I have enough accounts, thanks. Also, you shouldn’t be encouraging Facebook login, seeing as that can result in Facebook disclosing your info to third parties. The devs should support iCloud syncing instead.
Simply the best medical aid out there. No doubt!
I use it daily as reference. I find it very helpful at work.
- QxMD Software Inc.
- 52.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 QxMD Software Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.