View weather radar animations and prognostic charts for Canada. Doppler radar images are provided by Environment Canada and prognostic charts are provided by NAV CANADA.
Canada Weather is location-aware and can automatically find the closest radar station. You can also select from a list of 31 stations nationwide, including five regional views: Pacific, Prairies, Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic.
New in version 2.0 are the Surface Analysis and Graphical Area Forecast (GFA) charts. The Surface Analysis is a snapshot of the current pressure and frontal systems across Canada. GFAs give you a 12 hour forecast of the expected pressure and frontal systems at a regional level, along with information such as expected precipitation, cloud height & coverage, turbulence, icing, and freezing level.
• Load up to 75 images
• Choose the sensitivity of radar images (rain or snow)
• Timecode overlay on each image
• Customize animation speed and delay
• Customize the overlays to view with each image
• Overlays: cities, more cities, roads, road numbers, rivers, and radar circles
• Quickly switch between 0/+6/+12 GFA images
• Quickly switch between "Clouds and Weather" and "Icing, Turbulence, and Freezing Level" GFA images
See below for a complete list of radar stations and coverage:
• Regional Views - Pacific, Prairies, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic
• British Columbia - Aldergrove (near Vancouver), Prince George, Silver Star Mountain (near Vernon), Victoria
• Alberta - Carvel (near Edmonton), Jimmy Lake (near Cold Lake), Schuler (near Medicine Hat), Spirit River (near Grand Prairie), Strathmore (near Calgary)
• Saskatchewan - Bethune (near Regina), Radisson (near Saskatoon)
Manitoba - Foxwarren (near Brandon), Woodlands (near Winnipeg)
• Ontario - Britt (near Sudbury), Dryden, Exeter (near London), Franktown (near Ottawa), King City (near Toronto), Montreal River (near Sault Ste. Marie), Northeast Ontario (near Timmins), Superior West (near Thunder Bay)
• Quebec - Lac Castor (near Saguenay), Landrienne (near Rouyn-Noranda), McGill (near Montréal), Val d'Irène (near Mont-Joli), Villeroy (near Trois-Rivières)
• New Brunswick - Chipman (near Fredericton)
• Nova Scotia - Halifax, Marion Bridge (near Sydney)
• Newfoundland & Labrador - Holyrood (near St. John's), Marble Mountain (near Corner Brook)
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of data and charts. Works in horizontal mode only at the time but is probably best
Developer Response ,
Environment Canada recently made changes to their server regarding upgraded radar stations. Radisson was one of these stations and we are working on an app update. Thanks for your patience!
App not working
I get a no image error for my area. Have deleted app and re download it. Still not working. Please fix
Developer Response ,
Which area specifically are you having problems with? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will figure it out!
Fastest loading yet bravo.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.