Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get all the news that matters to you from CBC - when and where you want it.
* Tell us what you think of our new News app. We want your feedback as we update and improve the experience. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories, the latest weather forecast and the best photo galleries and videos.
* New simple navigation. With the tap of a single button, get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Easily set and change your local news preferences.
* Get photos, videos and extra content inside each article.
* Watch your local newscast on demand.
* Simple share tools allow you to tell your friends what you're reading using Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (iPad only) and email.
* Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen and via push notifications.
* Watch full-screen video content.
* See breaking news? Want to share stories from your community? Use the app to send us your report, photos or videos (iPhone only).
* Redesigned for both iPhone and iPad with improved performance.
* Optimized for iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 6.1 and above.
Future updates include:
* Improved functionality
* Improved sharing functionality
* Weather alerts
What's New in Version 2.2.2
* fixed crash issues
* updates to weather
* various UI fixes
* promo banners linking to special event content
note: changes in this Version are limited to iPad only.
Still scrolls to top of headline list after closing an article. -1
Inconsistent navigation (top right X on some articles, back button on others). -1
Still no support for iOS 7 back gesture (swipe to the right for back). -1
Still uses non-retina assets on retina screens. -1
Loads to black
Like so many other users, when I try to load the new and improved app I get a black screen and nothing more. Is it really that hard to TEST an app before releasing it?
I assume that if I don't tap any stars I can rate this 'no stars' but how do I do 'minus 1 stars'?
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 10, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2013 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.