Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the new CBC News app for iPhone and iPad. With the tap of a button, you'll have access to the latest local, national and international news, brought to you by CBC's award-winning journalists.
The CBC News app has several new and enhanced features. Now, you can customize your home screen and view only the sections you choose. Handoff lets you start reading on your iPad and pick up where you left off on-the-go with your iPhone**. Navigation between stories and sections is improved; either swipe up and down or left to right for a smooth experience.
As always, you can enjoy all of our shows, including The National, your local newscast and the latest news audio clips.
* Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories and the best photo galleries and videos.
* Get the latest news and push notifications on your Apple Watch.
* Watch Live Video
* Simply swipe to browse stories, pull section headers up to skip entire sections.
* Visit the menu to get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Customize your experience by dragging only the sections you want.
* Listen the the latest CBC News audio: World at Six, World Report and Hourly Edition.
* Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen via the ticker
* Watch full-screen episodes of shows like The National, fifth estate and Marketplace
* Check the weather reports in your region and in cities across Canada.
* Optimized for iOS 9
What's New in Version 3.3.12
In this release we have fixed a bug where stories were cut short for some users.
Thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention.
CBC app for iPads
Since the latest app update it crashes every time I use it. Very frustrating to say the least.
CBC loses sight of its mandate and removes support for old devices.
After new update (3.3.12 build 1775), stories are now cut off at the bottom and the help button produces a blank screen. Rather amusing that the new 'fix' now causes the issue that was designed to resolve. Anyone here heard of executing a software test plan on the app before releasing? Less releases, more testing, better product.
CBC news app
Videos won't play on CBC News app - the adds play OK but no videos. I have to go to CTV app for videos.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 17, 2016
- Version: 3.3.12
- Size: 90.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2015 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes