Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS 8!
Welcome to the new CBC News app for iPhone and iPad. With the tap of a button, you'll have access to the latest local, national and international news, brought to you by CBC's award-winning journalists.
The CBC News app has several new and enhanced features. Now, you can customize your home screen and view only the sections you choose. Handoff lets you start reading on your iPad and pick up where you left off on-the-go with your iPhone**. Navigation between stories and sections is improved; either swipe up and down or left to right for a smooth experience.
As always, you can enjoy all of our shows, including The National, your local newscast and the latest news audio clips.
* Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories and the best photo galleries and videos.
* Get the latest news and push notifications on your Apple Watch.
* Simply swipe to browse stories, pull section headers up to skip entire sections.
* Visit the menu to get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Customize your experience by dragging only the sections you want.
* Listen the the latest CBC News audio: World at Six, World Report and Hourly Edition.
* Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen via the ticker
* Watch full-screen episodes of shows like The National, fifth estate and Marketplace
* Check the weather reports in your region and in cities across Canada.
* Optimized for iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and above.
Future updates include:
* Improved functionality
What's New in Version 3.2.2
We have included the ability to hide the side bar on iPad and iPhone 6 plus. Thanks for reviews from SvetP, Wertyihvsbcgnnkjgdaa, TM1971, missflick18 and J who requested this change.
New features for iOS9, the ability to read and respond to comments.
Also a great many reviewers are frustrated with crashes. This remains a high priority to address and we are working incrementally to reduce crashes and improve reading experience.
Was my fav news app but...
Usually this is my 'go-to' app for news, but recently it has been randomly crashing right in the middle of browsing and reading the articles. Very annoying.
Please Include Chromecast support
This app is a fantastic place to follow Canadian news. I'd be thrilled if I can cast The National to my Chromecast and watch it on TV!! Thanks CBC.
Only marginal improvement
Okay, so now you can pushover the links and ads, which is fine, but MUST I have to do it to every single article? Doing it all the time is just as annoying as before when we couldn't do it at all. Not impressed.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 30, 2015
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 71.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2015 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.